Recruitment Privacy Notice
How we will use your personal information
Your personal information will be used for processing your application and determine your suitability for a role at Centrica such as complying with our legal obligations, including diversity monitoring, and to establish your identity if your application is successful.
Centrica collects a range of information about you. This could include:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements, where legally permissible
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organization needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- and information about your entitlement to work in the country
We may ask you to undertake online assessments and/or interviews to assess your suitability for the role. The results of the online assessments will be processed by a third party and returned electronically to us. Details of this can be obtained from the Centrica Resourcing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is successful, we will use your information for the purposes of your employment or contract. We may also ask you to supply further data to create your employee or contractor records. This is described more fully in Centrica’s employee and contractor privacy notice, which will be made available to you at that point.
If you accept a role, we may engage a third party to conduct background checks to verify the information provided, and other such verification as needs to be carried out to confirm your suitability for the role. If such an investigation reveals information that makes you ineligible for hire or engagement, it may result in any offered role being withdrawn, your immediate dismissal or contract termination. You must notify us of any changes to the information provided while you are being considered for a role. Further information on the background check process will be provided to you at the offer stage.
Where we require information as part of the application process, or your employment or engagement with us, if you do not provide us with this information, we may be unable to proceed with your application, your employment or engagement.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your information on file for a period of approximately 6 months. We use this information for diversity monitoring and other legal compliance purposes. We may also contact you about other opportunities within the Centrica group that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive this information, please tell us.
We use third parties to assist us with our recruitment, and some of these process your personal data outside the EEA.
This includes Canada, which the European Commission considers to have adequate data protection laws, as well as in the USA, either under the Privacy Shield framework (which the European Commission considers to offer adequate protection to personal data) or else through binding contractual obligations.
If you have any questions relating to this, please contact email@example.com.
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used, which we fulfil by providing this notice
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- the right to complain to your data protection regulator
Where you give your consent to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org