The UK is currently experiencing some of the worst weather seen in almost ten years which means our engineers have been in greater demand to fix boilers and home appliances. We’re working hard to help everyone we can, including our most vulnerable customers and those in emergency situations. This week, our engineers will visit around 170,000 homes.
We’re also experiencing extremely high call volumes which means it’s taking longer than usual to get through to us on the phone. If your call is urgent, please stay on the line and we will answer as soon we can.
There are things you can try to get back up and running yourself.
- You can still manage your British Gas account online. Click here to log in.
- You can book an engineer appointment via our website here.
- If your boiler keeps losing pressure, won’t turn on or isn’t working properly, here are five things you can try to fix it yourself.
- If you think your condensate pipe may be frozen, watch this video and find out how to thaw it safely:
- If your radiators are cold at the top, try bleeding them in case there are air bubbles trapped in the system. Watch this video to find out how:
Smart Pay As You Go:
- If you are one of our Smart Pay As You Go customers and you need to top up your meter, don’t forget you can do this by using the British Gas App and online here.
For other help and advice, please visit our website.
We’ll keep doing everything we can to get to our customers as soon as possible.