Service and Repair Engineer
- Location: Merseyside
- Country: GB
- Organisation: British Gas Social Housing Ltd
- Posted 1 weeks ago
Help us make a major step forward in our journey towards a carbon-free future and in reducing the nation’s energy consumption!
PH Jones are recruiting an experienced Gas Service and Repair Engineer to join our skilled team of Gas Engineers
- Permanent £28,231.00 basic salary +Unique direct labour price-work structure
- Fully Costed Van & Fuel Card
Electric vehicle options available with FREE EV install at your home
- Full Uniform & PPE provided
- Renewables Upskill Potential (Net Zero Carbon)
Renewable Technology, Net Zero & Development Opportunities include:Air Source Heat Pumps, Electric Vehicle Charge Points, Mixergy Hot Water Tank Systems, Hydrogen Boilers, HIVE Installs, Gas Service & Repair, Gas Installs and Management progression
- 24 Hour Support System – aiding in your development and ‘first fix’ results
- Local ByBox Allocation – reducing daily travel and increasing additional earning potential
- Employee Energy Allowance and discount on HIVE products
PH Jones was formed in 1963 and has continued to grow through the provision of excellent customer service, high quality delivery and an unrivalled focus on customer care. PH Jones operates nationally across the UK providing local delivery through 15 regional offices.
We work with social housing clients to create steady and sustainable business growth by focusing on aims, priorities and performance.
You will be working in the Liverpool and Warrington area, carrying out repairs and servicing in occupied and/or empty social housing properties, exhibiting knowledge of all procedures and safety measures to PH Jones and British Gas standards.
We value; Care, delivery, collaboration, agility, and courage. By living our values, we will be better able to fulfil our purpose and satisfy the changing needs of our customers.
- Must hold a valid in date driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Must hold a valid right to work in the UK
- Must hold ACS qualification including CKR1 and HTR1
- Must be confident and have good written and verbal communication skills
You will also receive
- Holiday 25 days + bank holidays
- Full sick pay following successful probationary period
- Company funded healthcare
- Group Income Protection, Life Assurance & Accident Insurance
- Company Funded Healthcare plan
- Access to MyHealth with 24/7 MyCare phone line
- Online GP24 virtual service
- Eye Test Voucher
- Annual pay review
- Legal Help
- Financial Education
- Centrica Benefits via the Offer Store – Offers with high street partners and discounts
At PH Jones we want everyone to feel like they are part of a caring business who benefit from being part of Centrica Plc, a FTSE 250 company. Our employees play a key role in driving forward with our strategy. Our well-being and reward packages ensure we support and recognise passionate, hardworking members of the team. We have great opportunities to help develop your skills and progress your career both within PH Jones and the wider Centrica Group. #LI-PHJ
PH Jones was acquired by British Gas in 2011 and is a key member of the Centrica Group. At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.