Privacy, Cookies and Legal Disclaimer
Privacy and cookies
Centrica plc and its subsidiary companies believe it is important to protect your privacy, and so we are committed to giving you a service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do.
1. Collecting information
We may collect information about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- when you sign up to our newsletter service.
- when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us.
- From any social media account you have contacted us from.
Please note that while we don’t explicitly collect personal identifiable information, we will treat any information held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Using information
2.1 - Information you provide or we hold about you may be used by us or companies within our group to:
identify you when you contact us;
- help run, and contact you about improved running of, any services we have provided before, or may provide now or in the future;
- carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling and create statistical and testing information;
- help to prevent and detect fraud or loss; and
- keep you updated if you have subscribed to our newsletter.
We may also allow your information to be used by other Centrica Group companies (including those using the British Gas, Scottish Gas, and Dyno Group brands) for them to carry out any of the above purposes.
2.2 - We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you:
- as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses;
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- as part of current or future legal proceedings.
From time to time, these other people and organisations may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for data as the UK.
2.3 - We may monitor and record communications with you for quality assurance and compliance.
2.4 - Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in this document, and that they have not objected to the uses of their information described in it.
3. Protecting information
We have strict security measures to protect information. This includes following certain procedures such as encrypting (encoding) all the communications between you and our website.
Our website uses an Extended Validation SSL certificate that provides the strongest encryption level available.
Strictly Necessary (Essential for making our site work properly)
These cookies let you move around the website and support essential features like secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. Such cookies are essential to provide you with the desired website experience and are not used for gathering information, remembering your preferences or advertising products or services to you. If you disable these cookies your experience of our website may be affected, and we may not be able to provide some services to you.
Performance (Collect information about how you use our website)
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Functionality (Used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit)
Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings (such as layout, text size, font, and other customisable parts of our web pages) to improve your experience. Items such as survey offers, web chat session offers, display your settings, and identifying you as being logged in to our website are all supported by functionality cookies. The information these cookies collects may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
More detailed information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purposes of providing general information about the Centrica Group and/or its subsidiaries.
- The information contained on this website ('the Information') which shall include, without limitation, information contained in press releases, annual or interim reports, audio webcasts, video interviews, transcripts, presentations and other financial information does not constitute advice or an offer to sell or deal in any securities and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. Past performance is no guide to future performance and persons needing advice should consult an independent financial adviser.
- Centrica has taken care in the preparation of the content of this website. The Information presented is believed to be reliable but is subject to change at any time without notice. To the extent permitted by law, Centrica disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
- Centrica shall not be liable for any loss which may arise from the use of the Information.
- Centrica does not represent that the Information is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete. In particular, the information contained in press releases, annual or interim reports, audio webcasts, video interviews, transcripts and presentations and financial information should not be deemed correct or current. Centrica shall not accept any liability for the accuracy or completeness of the Information and does not, does not intend to, and specifically disclaims any duty to, update or correct Information.
- Certain links in this site will lead you to websites which are not under the control of Centrica. When you activate any of these you will leave the Centrica website and Centrica has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any other website.
- If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Centrica or its licensors. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions:
- the material may be used for non-commercial purposes;
- the copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material; and
- the products, technology or processes described in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Centrica or by other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights. Images on this site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).
Centrica plc - Registered office and Corporate Headquarters
Registered in England & Wales No 3033654
VAT registration number: GB 684 9667 62
Tel: +44 (0)1753 494000
Fax: +44 (0)1753 494001