End User Terms & Conditions
Centrica Innovations Limited, trading as Centrica Electric Vehicle Services (“we” or “us”) offers drivers (“you”) electric vehicle charging services which are located at workplaces. These are our terms and conditions in relation to our Website, App and the electric vehicle charging stations (referred to together as the “Service”). When you register to use the Service, you agree that these terms and conditions form a contract between you and us. You can find the most up-to-date version of these terms and conditions on our Website. Your legal rights are not affected.
1. REGISTERING FOR THE SERVICE
Before you can use the Service, you need to register on the App. In doing so, you agree to provide us with the following information (“Personal Information”):
• Full name
• Date of birth
• Email address
• Phone number
• Payment information (e.g. debit or credit card information, billing address)
You must ensure that your Personal Information is up-to-date and correct at all times.
2. DEFINED TERMS
When words are in bold and placed in double quotation marks, it means that they have a specific definition (and are thus called a defined term). A few of these defined terms are:
“App” means Centrica EV. Using the App, you can view the charging stations’ location on a map, navigate to the charging stations via Google Maps’ satellite navigation directions, start a charging session at a charging station and make payment (where applicable).
“RFID tag” means a physical RFID token through which you can access the charging station. You do not have to use the RFID tag; if you prefer, you can simply use the App to access the charging station.
“Website” means www.centricaevs.com.
Other defined terms are found in the body of these terms and conditions.
3. RFID ACCESS
You do not need an RFID tag to access the charging station. Where your employer has provided you with an RFID tag (e.g. in combination with your employee ID card), you may choose to use it to access the charging station.
4. PRICES AND PAYMENT
You may only use the charging stations provided at your workplace. The charging stations are listed on the App and marked clearly with the Centrica Electric Vehicle Services logo and with a unique reference number that corresponds with the charging station’s ID on the App.
The fees that are payable (if any) will be displayed on the App prior to each vehicle charge. If there are fees payable, these displayed fees are inclusive of our administrative fees, payment provider transaction processing charges, any fees levied by the charging station host workplace and any applicable taxes.
If you start the charging session using the App, the App will show you the fee payable for this charge. If you start the charging session using your RFID tag, you must check the fee payable on the App before proceeding with the vehicle charge.
To initiate a vehicle charge, your account must be in credit. Before your first vehicle charge, you will need to pre-load your account with credit. You can do so by topping up with the debit or credit card registered on the App. You may specify whether to top-up automatically to a specified amount once your credit balance falls to a predetermined level, or be prompted to top-up your account manually when your credit balance runs low.
By proceeding with the vehicle charge, you accept the fee payable for the charge.
The charging session will end when: (a) your vehicle is fully charged; (b) the charging session is ended on the App; or (c) there is insufficient credit in your account (whichever comes first). After the charging session ends, the final and non-refundable fee will be displayed on the App shortly afterwards. (You should check this figure at the earliest opportunity, and promptly make a complaint if there are any issues – see below for how you can make a complaint.) This fee will be automatically debited from the pre-loaded credit on your account. Using the App, you can see all your recent transactions, as well as download a statement of recent transactions.
The debit or credit card details you provide are transmitted securely and are processed and stored only by certified third party payment service providers, in accordance with industry standards. We do not store your debit or credit card details; these details are sent directly to the third party payment service provider.
If you wish to make a complaint, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and be as detailed as you can. (If your complaint is about incorrect fees, you must get in touch with us within 60 days of the date on which the fee was displayed on the App.) We will start reviewing your complaint and may require further information from you. We will then let you know the outcome of our review within 8 weeks.
We use established external credit card processing company WorldPay to process transactions for payments made to access pay-as-you-go vehicle charging http://www.worldpay.com/ and accept the following payment cards: Maestro, JCB, Visa & MasterCard.
Refund Policy - Applications for refund must be made via telephone (during normal working hours on the number shown in the contact details below) within 30 days of the transaction (providing details of the charger and time and location of the transaction). All refunds will be processed within 10 working days. Refunds will be made to the card used for the initial payment.
Contact Details: Centrica Electric Vehicle Charging Services
Unit 2, Potteric Carr Ind estate
Potteric Carr Road
Contact telephone number – 01302 341386
Email address – Electricvehicleservices@centrica.com
Registered name: Centrica Electric Vehicle Charging Services is a trading name of British Gas New Heating Limited
Registration number: 06723244
Registered office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, SL4 5GD.
6. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
You are responsible for ensuring that:
• you use the Service properly and correctly, in accordance with all instructions provided by us, and solely for the purposes of charging your own vehicle. This includes, for example, ensuring that you bring your own charging lead (which shall be fully functional and which shall be properly inserted into and removed from your vehicle and the charging station) and that you start and stop the charge correctly;
• you do not use the Service in an unauthorised or unlawful manner (including causing any nuisance or disturbance to others), or assist anyone to do likewise;
• you do not provide any false identity information to gain access to or use the Service; and
• you promptly and fully meet your payment obligations.
When you register to use the Service, we send a user name and password to the email address you provided at registration. You are responsible for keeping this information secure at all times. If there is any reason to believe that your account has been used in an unauthorised manner and/or that your RFID tag is lost or stolen, you must inform us immediately by calling 01302 341386. Unless otherwise notified by us, you are responsible for any unauthorised use of your account and/or your RFID tag (including any costs incurred) if you do not contact us immediately and in any event within 24 hours.
You acknowledge that the Service and all rights related to it are the sole property of us or our licensors. The Service contains content that is protected by copyright, trademark rights and/or other intellectual property rights. You may only use the Service for personal and non-commercial purposes. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable and non-transferable license to use the Service on your mobile device and computer for the duration of this agreement.
7. TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
In addition to anything else we can do under these terms and conditions, we can terminate or suspend the provision of the Service to you:
• if we have reason to believe that you are not using the Service in accordance with all instructions provided by us and solely for the purposes of charging your own vehicle;
• if we have reason to believe that you are using the Service in an unauthorised or unlawful manner, or are assisting anyone to do likewise;
• if we have reason to believe that you have provided any false identity information to gain access to or use the Service;
• if you do not promptly and fully meet your payment obligations;
• if we notify you that you are in breach of these terms and conditions and: (a) the breach is not capable of remedy; or (b) the breach is capable of remedy but you have not remedied the breach within the period specified in our notice; or
• for reasons outside our control (including an event of emergency) or where there is a risk to health and safety or to protect the integrity of the Service or network.
We will provide you with reasonable notice unless there is a real risk of loss or harm to us or anyone else, in which case we are entitled to terminate or suspend the provision of the Service immediately with no notice to you.
You may terminate this agreement (and thereby your use of the Service) by emailing us at email@example.com. We will then delete your account and refund any remaining credit balance to your registered debit or credit card.
8. CHANGES TO THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As the electric vehicle charging and mobile payment sectors are rapidly evolving, we reserve the right to change the Service or these terms and conditions, including in order to: reflect changes in the law; adapt to or adopt new technologies and functionalities; adopt appropriate technical or administrative procedures; adopt new procedures for information security; and meet legal and regulatory requirements.
In relation to changes to the Service (save for minor technical adjustments which are of no real significance to you or changes required by law or necessity) or these terms and conditions, we will provide you with reasonable notice of these changes. If you do not accept these changes, you may cancel immediately at no charge by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then delete your account and refund any remaining credit balance to your registered debit or credit card.
9. YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You agree that we may use your personal data (including your Personal Information and your transaction history) to provide you with the Service, including setting up and administering your account and verifying your identity when you contact us.
We may provide your personal data to third parties in the context of providing the Service to you. The Software as a Service (SaaS) provider receives your personal data directly (save for your payment information, which is transferred directly to the payment services provider). The SaaS provider uses this personal data to help provide the Service, and may also use anonymized and aggregated data for its internal business purposes.
If we transfer any of your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place as required under data protection laws.
Except for your debit or credit card details (which the payment services provider will store in order to provide the payment services), we do not store your personal data. Subject to the provisions of this section 8, we (and any third party service providers) may keep a record of your transaction history where necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. If you would like us to delete your account (along with your personal data), please email us at email@example.com. We will then do so and refund any remaining credit balance to your registered debit or credit card.
If you wish to contact us about your personal data, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may contact us in order to:
• opt out of any marketing;
• request a copy of your personal data;
• rectify any mistakes in your personal data or request that your personal data be erased from our records;
• find out more about the safeguards we have in place if we transfer your data outside the EEA; and/or
• withdraw consent to the use of your personal data.
These terms and conditions do not affect your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
10. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
We accept full legal responsibility if our negligence causes somebody to be killed or injured. We also accept full legal responsibility if we act in a fraudulent way.
However, we will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for:
• a suspension of the Service, where we believe it is necessary to deal with technical problems or other circumstances outside our control (e.g. a power failure), protect the interests of other innocent third parties, or to provide an enhanced Service to you;
• a failure of the Service, except where this is because we did not provide the Service with reasonable care and skill;
• losses which are not foreseeable by either you or us when you registered to use the Service or each time you charge your vehicle;
• losses not caused by any breach or negligence on our part, or which are not a foreseeable consequence of any such breach;
• business losses and/or losses to non-consumers;
• any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of these terms and conditions;
• anything arising from the unauthorised or unlawful use of your account on the Service; or
• anything arising from your improper or incorrect use of the Service.
We are not responsible for any events outside our reasonable control, including industrial action, changes to the law that relate to the Service, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, theft, malicious damage, failures or delays in electronic communications, power failures or natural disasters.
Subject to the other provisions of this section 9, our total responsibility to you will not exceed the fees you have paid to us for using the Service.
We reserve the right to hold you responsible for any losses, liabilities, damages, costs and reasonably incurred expenses arising from your breach of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions set out the full agreement between you and us for the Service. You agree that you have not relied on, and have no remedies in respect of, any representation, warranty or promise (made by anyone) which is not expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms and conditions.