Being a responsible employer
Creating a great place to work is essential for attracting and retaining the highly motivated and skilled workforce that can deliver for our customers.
WE ARE CREATING A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We aim to create a rewarding, fulfilling and inclusive place to work. This helps us attract, develop and retain the talent needed to satisfy the changing needs of our customers.
As part of this, we are:
- Taking action to improve employee engagement following the significant restructuring of our business.
- Ensuring individuals are treated in a non-discriminatory manner at all stages of their employment - from recruitment to retirement.
- Diversifying our workforce with programmes which include mentoring and returnships so that we have a range of backgrounds and perspectives to serve our customers.
- Generating technical skills via our network of training academies to keep homes and businesses running smoothly.
- Plugging the growing shortage of skills in our sector by inspiring the next generation to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).