Today British Gas has made a number of commitments to its energy customers to help them keep their energy bills down.
- The British Gas standard variable tariff will remain unchanged through this winter
- Existing British Gas customers will always get access to the same energy deals as new customers
- Customers on the standard tariff will be contacted for an annual energy health check, to make sure they’re on the right tariff.
- We will continue to invest in technology to help customers save money and time
- British Gas will continue to lead in the roll out of smart meters
Mark Hodges, British Gas Chief Executive said "We're delighted to give our customers on standard variable tariffs the peace of mind that the price they're paying won't change this winter. Ours has consistently been one of the cheapest standard energy tariffs. We'll continue to review our prices to remain competitive, to retain customers and win new ones. Just yesterday we also launched a new tariff allowing customers to fix prices for the next three winters."
You can read Mark’s blog on these commitments here