Customer Relationship Advisor
Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America’s largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets . We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica’s international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
The Customer Care Specialist role is a vertical integration of all residential solar business needs to service existing customers and generate new revenue through sales of non-warranty repair orders. They will receive incoming requests, prepare estimations, sign work agreements, issue work orders, and invoice for completed jobs. They will also handle all incoming questions about the operation of installed systems and troubleshoot existing issues through remote monitoring portals.
- Answering all incoming messages from customers through phone, email, web portal.
- Generate work estimates for new work requests and non-warranty repairs.
- Investigate and troubleshoot sources of non-generation with homeowners over the phone and through email instruction.
- Input all self-generated new (revenue) work agreements in to customer data base.
- Invoice and take payment over phone for completed work.
- Maintain consistent records of interactions with customers and update individual case records with final outcomes.
- Educate customers on operation of solar system and the benefits of the Solar Renewable Energy Credits.
- Ability to effectively communicate over phone and email.
- Technical and working knowledge of Enphase and SolarEdge Photovoltaic Inverter operation, basic understanding of residential electrical system properties.
- Ability to self-manage and respond to high volume of incoming inquiries, meeting target closure rates.
- Proficiency in SalesForce and data management.
- Familiarity with state reporting agencies (PJMGATS, NEPOOL, MassCEC).
- 2+ Years Solar Industry experience
- Experience in call center operation
- Previous experience in customer service role
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer – EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Centrica is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.