Head of Customer Service
Centrica has an exciting senior opportunity for a Head of Customer Service to lead our Complaints team encompassing 800 staff across multiple sites.
In this high profile leadership role you will shape and transform our complaints service strategy using analysis to understand root causes of complaints & deliver changes to create an improved customer experience.
If you have experience leading a customer services complaints team within an Ofgem or FCA environment, have driven transformation & are looking to enhance your career then we would be keen to hear from you.
• Location: Staines/ Leeds
- Lead the delivery and implementation of service strategy to deliver a dramatically improved service experience and better value to the business
- Provide inspirational and empowering leadership to drive and facilitate customer service teams in delivering increased profitability for the business, and market leading experiences within a customer-centric culture
- Create the Voice of the Customer for complaints, bringing complaint reasons and root-causes to life to enable the delivery of an improved customer experience
- Be the public face of complaints for the Executive Leadership and for the external regulators
- Develop, engage and lead an effective management team that is driven to deliver operational targets against all scorecard metrics (compliance, growth, digital), accountable for local/tactical incentives to drive and deliver performance
- Ensure processing of complaints in line with redefined key metrics that focus on:
- delivering a better customer experience
- turnaround times
- a permitted number of outstanding complaints
- a reduction in total cost
- Set up customer at risk principles - use data to predict and inform customers that are likely to complain to enable proactive risk management
- Driving a culture of delivering excellent customer outcomes with a focus on behaviour and conduct, deploying performance improvement action plans and local governance; embed ownership, discretion and decision making in the front line of the business
- Senior leadership experience in a large Contact Centre environment / Complaints Management function
- Business experience in a complex operational environment
- General management within a services industry, leading high performing customer service teams
- Experience of planning and driving strategy and delivering step changes within the business, adopting innovative approaches from the market, competition and other sectors
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, develop and drive performance from people within a dispersed, multi-disciplinary workforce
- Experience gained working within a FCA or Ofgem regulated environment to deliver both commercial and regulatory objectives
Total package circa £100k - £130k (includes extensive benefits such as car allowance, flexible benefits contribution, pension)
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Head of Customer Service R9948601’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.