Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
As Direct Energy Business continues to grow it is imperative that we stay in sync with our utility counterparts regarding account information, commodity flow and other criteria data elements. The Customer Enrollment Analyst is part of the Contract Administration team and is responsible for the critical enrollment process and integral to ensuring customers begin and end service with Direct Energy Business pursuant to their contract, through the exchange of EDI transactions and the management of the data exchanged during this process
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably with an emphasis in one of the following:
- Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience, with a minimum of 1 year related experience in the energy industry.
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Flexibility and adaptability; high capacity to work with cross functional teams and other functional areas within DE Business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, highly volatile environment; effectively managing multiple activities and meeting deadlines
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress environment
- Ability to work independently, comfortably making rational and reasoned decisions which directly impact corporate revenue, customer service and financial liabilities
- Responsible for ensuring all enrollment, drop, change and service order priorities are completed by the requested deadlines for power and gas customers.
- Ensure that customer transactions, tickets and cases are completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Manage transaction exceptions and rejections.
- Analyze and document departmental processes. Identify areas of improvement and work with team members to implement improvements to facilitate automation and improved efficiency.
- Provide operational subject matter expertise to various business units to support system integration, new market entry, system upgrades and new product implementation.
- Perform validation and testing of new operational processes and/or system upgrades due to regulatory or utility changes. Assist with system upgrades by completing user acceptance testing.
- Assist in ad hoc analysis as necessary to support Customer Operations strategic initiatives.
- Work closely and primarily with DEB sales and sales support, back office departments, outside vendors (Energy Services Group) and utilities.
- Ensure functional specific process documentation materials are kept current.
- Assist with the training on all aspects of the enrollment function.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text