Senior Solution Architect
A new opportunity is now available for a Senior Solution Architect to join Centrica’s Strategy and Architecture function.
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will be creating high level solution models and solution architectures, ensuring the delivery and its alignment with business needs, contributing to the development of the Target Architecture and provide support in the creation of the IS Strategy
You will hold planning, financial, operational, people and best practices responsibilities being accountable for:
- Creating high level design solutions for assigned projects
- Assure that the solution will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business
- Contribute to the development of the Target Architecture aligned to the business strategy
- Be the design authority on projects ensuring adherence to architecture and design standards and the Target Architecture
- Develop the relevant subject matter expertise or identify and utilise individuals with relevant expertise to assist them
- Develop investment cases and influence the business change programme aligned to business requirements and the technology roadmap
- Be involved in high profile, large scale complex projects and programmes
- Provide support in the creation of the IS Strategy
- Develop the technical capability of the organisation and coach other solution architects
You will be a Solution Architecture with a background in Applications and Data and also the following skills and experience:
- High level of engagement to develop effective working relationships at all levels across the business, simplifying complex technical messages and acting as an advocate of IT both externally and internally.
- Strong commercial and customer awareness.
- Focused on achieving results using all resources available from initiation through to delivery and feels comfortable to challenge and be challenged.
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation structures.
- Must be proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex IT systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of business processes, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, and business transformation.
- Previous technical experience, providing technical leadership across technical resources
- Experience in a multi-unit organisation, advising and collaborating.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Senior Solution Architect R9943717’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.