Customer Experience Agent - Bilingual
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Bilingual Customer Experience Agent is a key member of the Direct Energy Business (DEB) Customer Relations team, reporting directly to the Team Lead of Customer Relations. This position is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to all US DEB customers through both inbound and outbound communications. This position will also be responsible for assisting with collection efforts on delinquent accounts, including delinquency letters, outbound phone calls, email communications, and any other collection efforts made on behalf of Direct Energy Business.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent job experience
- Fluency in Spanish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 to 2 years of prior Customer Service, Billing and/or Collections is preferred
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to analyze information, solve problems and make quick, fact-based decisions
- Ability to quickly gain proficiency in multiple systems which support service for Direct Energy customers
- Adaptable and flexible. Adjusts to varied audiences effectively. Able to flex between administrative and strategic work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is required
- Ability to build strong partnerships with the internal and external teams, including employees at all levels within the organization
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with a proactive working style
- Strong team player. Is willing and able to stretch outside of assigned duties to accomplish the business goal.
- Strong interpersonal skills - Personable and can quickly stimulate confidence and influence others in the organization.
- Satisfy acceptable adherence to Direct Energy policies
- Flexibility to adjust schedule and/or an ability to work overtime as needed.
- Strong Intellect - Combines analytical reasoning, creativity, conceptual ability and judgment.
- Results driven - An energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation, who commits himself/herself fully to the job, and is dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work.
- Handle all customer interactions via phone, e-mail, fax and regular mail in a professional and expedient manner by thoroughly investigating inquiries and providing comprehensive responses with special attention to Spanish speaking customers
- Ensure the timely processing of all customer requests that involve cross-functional remediation within pre-established service level time frames
- Cross-functional requests may include remittance inquiries, billing inquiries, pricing and/or renewal inquiries, and collection efforts.
- Analyze and reconcile customer accounts with respect to provision of service, billing, payment, and utility related information. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Perform outbound customer surveys for measurement of interaction quality and Net Promoter Score
- Prepare ad hoc excel-based reports for customers, brokers and internal functional teams regarding billing, payment and account balance activity
- Perform basic financial analysis to determine amounts required for refunds, credits and lost savings requests; Prepare summarized reports required for approval of financial adjustments
- Perform outbound communications upon closure of escalated issues
- Track and maintain interaction data for analysis of customer trends by updating DEB’s Customer Management systems
- Address Payment and/or Billing – related customer issues associated with (but not limited to); misapplied payments, check refund request, billing account adjustments, reconciliation and generation
- Support customer contract renewal requests by coordinating with Retention Agents to provide real time pricing
- Ensure customers understand contract provisions by having a comprehensive understanding of DEB’s products and services, and the end-to-end customer lifecycle. Manage specific market delinquency rates, bad debt, late payment charges and write-offs
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text