Manager NAB Power Pricing Process and Controls
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process & Controls Manager to join the NAB Power Pricing Team to challenge and streamline current processes, drive governance and good practice across the team and formalize performance measurement and reporting across numerous commercial functions.
We have a vision in NAB Power Pricing to be best in class and a key part of this is ensuring all processes are efficient & accurately comply with global control standards. In this role, you will be challenging historic processes & policies and creating new NAB Power Pricing Process processes for all. This role could be ideal for a manufacturing or process engineer or someone with a change management background who enjoys making a difference through driving simplification.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, Business or related degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Works with substantial amounts of data across multiple applications
- Proven track record for process improvement
- Effective and meaningful communication across various functional groups and all levels of the organization.
- Experience influencing and leading people to yield effective results.
- Successful project management experience
- Exposure to process design methods and tools
- Ability to produce clear, concise documents and analysis using appropriate Microsoft packages
- Analysis, problem solving, issue resolution, and decision-making skills
- Understand our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Ability to remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Create a safe environment with the aim of achieving a zero-incident workspace and taking responsibility for themselves and colleagues
- Become a visible leader within the Power Pricing Team and across the organization, representing the Pricing Team on select cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Lead the production of impact assessment and gap analysis of processes against proposed/agreed change initiatives.
- Refine, develop and leverage KPIs around existing processes to drive areas of focus for refinement from a commercial and a controls standpoint
- Develop robust reporting for various levels of the organization internally to Power Pricing and for key stakeholders
- Institutionalize foundational data requirements (data capture, connectivity, reliability) and formalize the management of these data requirements as a core competency.
- Effective stakeholder management, including Offshore support and taking on delegated responsibility/authority, where required
- Support with the development of small systems, tactical solutions and databases to enable process improvement and management
- Operate in line with Centrica values
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text