Assistant Product Manager
British Gas plays a vital part in the lives of 10 million customers every day. We keep homes warm and working through energy, safe and sound through HomeCare and Home Insurance whilst also bringing homes to the 21st century with smart meters and connected devices. This and all the exciting products currently under development!
British Gas is making huge steps to be a truly customer-obsessed business, and the Customer Propositions and Products team are at the heart of this; unearthing customer needs and fulfilling them with engaging, innovative and commercially successful products and propositions.
To achieve this, we work incredibly closely with Customer Operations, Digital, Marketing, Customer Insight, Field Operations and Hive Homes to deliver compelling products to our customers, whilst also maximising customer and business value across the base.
This position is your chance to be at the heart of launching compelling and innovative products and propositions with one of the largest companies in the UK, whilst being developed and stretched to master the skills you want to.
Assistant Product Manager Product - What you will be doing
- Support in delivering P&L targets, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans
- You will support the management of our existing portfolio, ensuring BG meets all regulatory obligations and has sufficient oversight to drive customer journey and product improvements.
- Own and manage the T&Cs of our product portfolio, liaising with key stakeholders to agree required changes
- Be the product expert and act as the primary contact for all queries and initiatives relating to our products
- Be our representative in key projects across the business, delivering insight and support
- Identify opportunities to reduce customer churn and manage retention by analysing customer and market insight
- Support the delivery of all propositions within correct governance process and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, ensuring we are treating customers fairly
- Monitor performance, customer and business measures to validate the success of new product introductions. Develop improvement plans as necessary.
Assistant Product Manager - The skills you will have:
- Can interpret customer needs and analyse customer, commercial and market data
- Experience of product management to drive customer and business value
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to change the status quo
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Ability to multi-task, being able to navigate complex tasks & prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, able to work quickly and under pressure
- A team builder with a passion for excellent customer delivery
- Put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Knowledge of the energy and energy services sector, including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks, Financial Services experience desirable
- Able to demonstrate use of customer insight and fostering creativity to develop and improve customer propositions
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities
- Ideally knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Assistant Product Manager R9946882’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.