The Management Information (MI) team is part of the wider Data Insights & Customer Value Management (DICVM) team, that are responsible for supporting the core business units with all of their customer insight and management information needs. The vision for the team is “Putting customers and data at the heart of decision-making”.
The MI team are responsible for the delivery of a suite of business performance management services, which includes: daily operational reporting, regular business performance reporting, Executive level KPI reporting and external regulatory reporting.
The MI Tester assures that the management information delivered by the MI Developers complies with explicit functional and non functional requirements to deliver agreed solutions to the Centrica business.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to the below)
- Review project deliverables (for example, Business Requirements, Functional Requirements. Technical Designs and data and systems flow diagrams) as they relate to a given test stage, including pre-compliancy reviews
- Create test cases based on technical design specifications and Business rules for end-to-end data validation.
- Develop and use test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Carry out UAT together with Business Analysts
- Create automated test scripts.
- Use a test data generator where required.
- Create and manage test data extraction routines.
- Communicate test results with MI Planning Manager and MI Developers.
- Responsible for different testing methodologies such as Integration Test, Regression Test, Extract Performance Test, Transform and Load Performance Test, Analytics Performance Test, Correctness Test, Usability Test, Performance Test and Authorization test
- Identify and analyse data discrepancies and data quality issues by writing queries and comparative analysis and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner prior to production release.
- Ability to develop and use test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Excellent SQL skill and understanding of database design and implementation.
- Strong Data Analysis skills and the ability to track a data element from source through transformation to target (Source to Target Mapping).
- Competent in specific BI testing methods and test estimations specifically in MI report validation using Microsoft BI environments.
- Knows the functionality of testing tools from more than one
- Strong back-end data validation skills.
- Awareness on big data architecture using Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig
- Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills.
- Ability to investigate discrepancies in data by writing queries and comparative analysis.
- Competent in authorisation and security testing.
- Extensive MI/Business Intelligence testing experience.
- Experience with end-to-end data validation for BI/MI systems.
- Experience in designing and implementing testing processes and systems including: System Testing, Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Authorization Testing and Load / Performance Testing.
- Have experience with leading data quality products such as, MS SSIS, SAS DataFlux or Trillium
- Experience using technical documents such as business requirements, functional requirements, database design representations, data and systems flow diagrams.
- You will need to be a Code’ Tester as opposed to Software Tester with an understanding of dimensional modelling and star schemas
Base salary £42k plus excellent benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: MI Tester R9942251’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.