Operational Risk Manager
The Operational Risk Manager will support both the Chief Risk Officer and the Senior Risk Manager to maintain, improve and extend the operational risk environment within British Gas Insurance (BGI). You will undertake oversight of Operational Risks within British Gas Services (BGS) to ensure that operations are managed in accordance with Risk Appetite and the legally binding Inter-Company Services Agreement between BGI and BGS
You must manage on behalf of BGS the Glazing Locks Roof and Pest Cover Product including any outsourced providers of Policy Administration, Underwriting and Claims Handling.
Salary: Competitive, £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits
- Work with the Conduct and Compliance teams to understand emerging, current and proposed new regulations and the associated risks & controls
- Develop relationships with senior management and utilise these to shape, influence and raise the profile of Operational Risk, promote leading practices and continuous improvement
- Deal with ad hoc queries on operational risk matters
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
- To assist with evaluation of operational risks attaching to the insurance proposition portfolio
- To undertake operational oversight of BGS operations to ensure compliance with the inter company Services Agreement and that operational Risks are being managed within risk appetite
- Accountable for the delivery of the GLRP P&L and for the managing the outsourced arrangements in respect of Underwriting, Policy Administration and Claims Handling to ensure that any risks are minimised and that SLA’s are achieved
- Evaluate operational risks attaching to strategic partnerships
- Work across multiple business functions and sites (both internal and external)
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the businesses ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry.
To be successful you must have experience of the insurance industry or experience of having worked in a regulated industry with particular emphasis on controls and risk management. If you have a risk professional qualification that would be highly desirable.
You should be able to form effective relationships and be able to influence senior management and be able to understand and interpret complex business requirements.
You should be comfortable with working in a complex, demanding environment and be able to effectively manage a workload of conflicting priorities, you must be able to identify risks and capture processes into a formalised controls framework.
Additional Website Text