Consumer Insight Executive
The customer insight executive will be responsible for supporting the delivery of robust, commercially grounded consumer insight to increase the profitability of the business in a customer centric fashion.
What will you be doing?
- Working with key stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Propositions teams) to identify real requirement from briefs, focusing on value add, priority projects, whilst supporting the Insight Managers in delivery of key projects
- Work flexibly with colleagues in the Insight & Research team to deliver the team’s objectives
- Advise on methodology utilising a combination of primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative tools and sources
- Deliver primary and secondary market research in a robust fashion to inform strategic decision making
- Provide clear recommendations, ensuring ‘why’ and ‘so what’ are always delivered and actions can be taken
- Draw on other sources and previous studies as appropriate, and feed this back to the business
- Develop and sign off proposals, questionnaires and topic guides and attend fieldwork (where relevant)
- Work with various agencies to maximise value from those relationships
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within specific budgets
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UKES&S ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
To be great you will need:
- Strong understanding of market research methodologies and translating these into actionable insight
- Ability to work independently within the context of the wider Research and Insight team
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management, internally and externally
- Robust influencing skills
- A strong problem structuring capability and the initiative to tackle problems independently
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects from end-to-end
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident and effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Passionate about the voice of the consumer/customer
- Proactive and assertive with the ambition and energy to drive change
- Ideally educated to degree level and relevant professional qualifications (i.e. CIM, Marketing Society, MRS etc)
- Solid experience of market research with commercial application across strong insight led organisations or agencies
Base salary up to £45,000 plus excellent benefits including bonus and 25 days annual leave
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Consumer Insight Executive R9947954’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.