As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for Project Management Practice Lead for provision of effective operational and administrative support to small/medium Business Change Projects, supporting the planning, delivery and implementation into the business.
Areas of focus may include end-to-end project management of a small project/workstream; implementation and embedding of change elements into the business and PMO support activities as needed to deliver elements of the change portfolio.
Manage and deliver the project/workstream, including cross-functional resources / workstreams, strictly following the British Gas CDM processes
- Recognise stakeholder expectations and communications, understand and address the key business issues relating to the project
- Manage, monitor & report the project/workstream progress, milestones, risks, issues, financials, resolving obstacles in a timely fashion and controlling scope, and ensure all deliverables are documented, in-place and up-to-date
- Run project cross-functional meetings (kick-off, on-going and PIR), documenting all actions, decisions and learnings
- Work with the business stakeholders, Project Manager and project team to create and document a robust scope document and business case for the work package
- Fully establish, document and run the project/workstream plan including scope, goals, benefits and realisation planning, deadlines, dependencies, assumptions, KPIs, quality metrics and resource and budget requirements, and obtain approvals
- Manage the work to time and budget, and to measurable quality standards, within the governance established for the project
- Set up, or contribute to, a delivery framework and a tracking (RAID) and reporting mechanism, based on best practice and British Gas templates, and operate efficiently
- Manage and document, escalating where necessary, all changes to scope, timing, budget and cross-project risks
- Ensure that any risks, issues and dependencies that may impact the project delivery or realisation of business benefits are assessed and dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner or escalated to the Project Manager
- Ensure quality reviews are undertaken regularly and knowledge shared
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communications, understand the key business issues relating to the project
- Run project and workstream meetings, documenting all actions, decisions and learnings, including accurate minute / action taking and facilitating workshops.
- Optimise adoption and generation of business benefits and minimise impact to BAU
- Support the PM in all areas of governance, financial tracking, progress tracking and reporting to ensure BAU change receivers are not negatively impacted/disrupted, & benefits are optimised
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate
You will be provided with work on an assignment basis – timescales of which may vary depending on the nature of the assignment/project. Assignments could be within any of the change disciplines within British Gas
You will be a commercial thinker with demonstrable experience in risk and issue management and RAID management and reporting, alongside proven project planning tools and techniques and program planning. You will be strong negotiator and communicator and must have excellent stakeholder management skills, in order to manage change in a rapidly moving environment, with changing priorities.
Being exceptionally organised, you will ensure delivered projects meet design specifications and quality standards in a timely manner and you will possess the ability to produce clear, concise reporting that accurately synthesises information. You will hold great problem solving skills and strong MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
If you would like a full job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
£30,000-£40,000, benefits & bonus
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Project Manager R9942645’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.