- The role will drive the development of propensity and segmentation models for targeting via different channels (inbound call centres, outbound, SMS, and digital) using SAS, SQL and Hadoop to increase the personalisation for the customers and the profitability of the business
- The modeller will advise when a model is needed, what model to build, and how the models should be used in the arbitration/optimisation activity via our Centralised Decision engine
- Working closely with Customer Value Management, Strategy & Planning, Analytics and Insight, and marketing Effectiveness, the role holder will help further customer understanding and improve targeting to ultimately drive increased customer value through better conversion and response.
- Work closely with the stakeholders in understanding the business requirements and obtaining their support and acceptance of the modelling solutions proposed
- Translate modelling objectives into technical design for modelling and profiling activity to increase understanding of the propensity (likelihood) of a customer responding to different offers and messages, via different channels
- Develop and maintain propensity models for a wide array of targeted CRM Best Next Action and Lifecycle Campaign activity across multiple channels and brands
- Advise stakeholders on the appropriate use of models so that they both understand and use the output effectively enabling further customer messaging opportunities to be identified
- Score models and monitor model performance to advise when a model needs to be rebuilt
- Calculate incremental model value in campaigns
- Contribute to the implementation of projects related to infrastructure changes that impact our modelling: Modelling migration to a new platform (Hadoop), Model Manager, Modelling datamart build across all channels to include complete interactions history, such as offers, context and campaign details and response or non-response
- Investigate and suggest new technical solutions and new data (internal and external) to improve the modelling process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on different aspects of modelling outcomes and customer behaviour
- Within all aspects of the role put the customer at the heart of decision making and support the UKES&S ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in using advanced predictive modelling techniques like logistics regression, decision trees, neural networks, generalised linear modelling, etc.
- Experience in using SAS Enterprise Miner for model build and SAS Enterprise guide for data preparation
- Knowledge and understanding of in-channel customer decisioning (CRM) in a business
- Proven advanced data querying and manipulation skills with programming experience in SAS, SQL, SAS in HiveQL for Hadoop
- Proficient knowledge of Excel
- Good presentation skills
- Familiarity with simulation and optimisation tools
- Experience with modelling database operation and development
- Knowledge of the reporting processes and automation
- Strong commercial acumen and effective decision maker
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills up to director level
- Understanding of using customer insight and statistical models for developing customer communications and developing propositions
- Experience of driving modelling improvement and implementing a best practice approach to campaign value maximisation in an already established modelling function gained in a large and complex organisation
- Dedication and being keen to make a difference
- Very good communicator
- Capable of facilitating and influencing strategic debate
- Self-Aware and good time management
- Attention to detail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical subject, or a discipline with substantial mathematical/statistical content
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Modelling Analyst (R9941385) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.