- The role of the CVM analyst is to inform CVM strategies and plans by translating briefs into contact plans, including audience segmentation, targeting for offers and channels.
- The go to person for CVM activities performance and KPIs aggregating and consolidating MI, Marketing Effectiveness and other data sources into a single narrative.
- Understands impact of driver KPI’s on performance. Reviews and agrees recommendations for course correction actions.
- Responsibility for impact assessing and sizing opportunity for new CVM activities working closely with finance, CRM operations and Insight teams.
- Build, maintain, interlock CVM forecast throughout the planning process including conversion of gains and losses targets into customer and contact targets working with other UK Home functions – mainly sales, marketing and finance.
- Identify opportunities and threats to CVM plans and forecast (volume and value) and make recommendations on future CVM strategy/plans.
- Liaise closely with Marketing Effectiveness team to set campaigns/BNA/other CVM activities performance criteria and run investigations into performance/ drivers / variances to plan.
- Consolidation of CVM performance and effectiveness insight into a single view and narrative.
- Ensure that appropriate controls and processes are implemented to report on the performance of CVM activities.
- Produce trading impact, rationale and commentary for CVM activities and recommend course correction actions.
- Provide input to resolve conflicts and trade-offs between planning, channel capacity and cost to maximise effectiveness for sales and distribution.
- Provides a simple assessment of value added/lost across the base each month and contribution of CVM activities.
- Reports on the impact and effectiveness of targeted and BTL activities on the commercial targets – impact on Acquisition, Growth, Churn, Engagement, and Loyalty.
- Identify value growth opportunities, value eroded over time and various other longer trends which can be acted upon strategically and or tactically by UK Home.
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UKES&S ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
- Strong data analytical skills to interpret data and produce insight in order to understand opportunities, challenges and potential risks.
- Familiarity with modelling, analysis, simulation and optimisation tools § Strong end-to-end knowledge of data-driven direct marketing / sales channels and how these drive value and ROI.
- Confidence and creditability with developed communication skills and able to explain the analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential, along with an ability to manage a varied workload, to tight deadlines.
- Strong commercial acumen and effective decision making.
- Capacity to innovate and think creatively with data and to understand what is – and what is not – possible with any data sets.
- Experience of using customer insight and statistical models for developing contact plans, allocating customer investment, targeting comms and developing propositions.
- Technical skills in SAS, SQL, Hadoop & advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced understanding of reporting and data management/analysis and visualisation tools e.g. Business Objects, Excel, Tableau, MS Power BI.
- Clear understanding of legal requirements with DPA, other regulatory controls and internally developed contact policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business key performance indicators.
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, understand the external market place, Understanding Centrica, Understanding our Customers.
- Matrix Working
- Positive Disruption
- Self Awareness / Personal Development
- Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Marketing Analytics etc.
- Diploma in Direct or evidence of career related qualifications
- Extensive experience in a commercial analysis role (or relevant equivalent) or CVM, CRM, Customer Strategy or related role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full marketing mix.
- Experience of highly numerate work, structured thinking, with strong analytical/data interpretation skills
- Knowledge of using industry leading applications decisioning tools such as Pega Marketing, ARM, Unica AND/OR data and analytical tools SQL / SAS / SPSS.
- Experience of influencing stakeholders, with ability to achievement alignment across multiple teams with competing priorities. Capable of facilitating and influencing strategic debate.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: CVM Analyst R9920960’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary - Competitive