Trading Contracts Manager
Supporting Centrica Energy Marketing and Trading (EM&T) team in commodity trading through the management of the counterparty on-boarding process. This will include, but not be limited to the prioritization, drafting, negotiation and execution of industry standard trading agreements such as EFET, ISDA, GTMA. In addition, the Contract Manager will also manage/coordinate counterparty name changes, novations and terminations.
- Negotiation and drafting of industry standard and bespoke agreements with external counterparties for physically and financially settled energy commodity trading (UK and Europe gas, UK and Europe power, financial oil and coal, EU Allowances, CERs, ROCs)
- Manage the counterparty administration/approval process on behalf of all EM&T entities to ensure all contracts entered in to have the appropriate approvals prior to execution. This includes managing requests and pipelines through to Compliance, Credit and Legal (where appropriate) and resolving/managing the escalation of any issues
- Manage the prioritisation of counterparty requests with Origination and Trading and Optimisation to ensure that requests are appropriately managed and expectations are met (for both London and Aalborg based Front Office teams).
- Management of new broker, exchange and clearing bank relationships and contracts
- Coordinate with operational teams to ensure that new counterparties are communicated and set up in the appropriate trading systems
- Coordinate and manage (including drafting of the agreements) any novations that impact EM&T. This involves liaison with Operational Support, Compliance, Credit, Market Risk, Back Office and IS to ensure agreements are appropriate executed and implemented against schedules.
- With the support of Legal, develop and maintain standard templates and election sheets for the major general agreements (ISDA, EFETs, CPMA Schedule, GTMA, IETA, etc), proactively keeping up to date with legal developments of the agreements.
- Develop and maintain an accurate record/database of all standard trading agreements and appropriate counterparties for the Midstream business.
Experience in the commodities markets and working with standard trading agreements either in a Contract negotiator/Paralegal role or in an operational/analytical role.
Strong negotiation and prioritisation skills the successful candidate will be able to work with various different stakeholders: Credit, Compliance, Legal, Commercial, Operations, Finance, External counterparties to achieve a result.
Proven ability to prioritise and self-manage effectively.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Matthew.Sutton1@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Trading Contracts Manager R9947784’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.