Reporting to the Director, Compensation Programmes, this role will provide technical data and reward support to the Compensation Leadership Team by improving and documenting key processes to ensure the team work efficiently and accurately.
This role will help the team to ensure that Centrica’s reward arrangements continue to be competitive to attract and retain top talent and ensure our policies and processes are supported by our systems (Workday, SAP).
The role will be based out of our Windsor office.
- Support and drive the Compensation and Performance Management team to design and develop and document data management processes and policies
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of data processes across the Compensation and Performance Management team
- Set up and maintain automated data processes to support the various Compensation programmes and processes, and follow up with relevant training and upskilling the rest of the team
- Identify, evaluate and implement tools to support data validation and data cleansing to support the various Compensation programmes and processes
- Manipulate, mine, analyse and interpret large complex data sets relating to the business to support Compensation programmes and processes, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to the business.
- Develop and support reporting processes for the Compensation and Performance Management team
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content for the Compensation and Performance Management team
- Monitor and audit data quality across the Compensation and Performance Management team
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations to support the Compensation and Performance Management team
- Develop tools to produce and track key performance indicators for the Compensation and Performance Management team
- Keep up to date with market practices and share quarterly summaries of the Compensation and Performance Management team and other market insights with key customers.
- Experience of working in a complex data role
- Experience of working as part of a global team, ideally in a matrix environment
- Extensive knowledge of data management and manipulation
- Experience of working in HR/Reward environment desirable
- Experience of Workday desirable
- Experience of SAP ERP desirable
- Expert IT skills (including MS Office Word, Excel VBA level, SQL, PowerPoint, Access, SAP reporting and Workday) – Must be able to write complex Excel formulas using if statements, h/v lookups, etc and develop comprehensive Excel workbook analysis, using “what if scenarios”, pivot tables, graphs and macros
- Advanced numeracy and analytical skills and ability to work with large volumes of complex data from multiple sources and to interpret and extract insight in a clear, simple and succinct manner
- Advanced communication and presentation skills and ability to convey complex issues succinctly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Methodical approach to analysis and great attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, without impacting accuracy
- Ability to develop practical solutions within the overarching Centrica reward framework/strategy
- Strong intellectual rigour and an appetite for professional development
- Good commercial acumen and broad business understanding
- Ability to adapt to change
- Track record of building successful, collaborative relationships
- Strong team player and willing to support other team members when needed
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Data Analyst R9942846’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.