Spirit Energy own and operate legacy gas assets in the East Irish Sea and onshore Terminals at Barrow-in-Furness. Operations in the East Irish Sea include operatorship of our 100% owned assets, as well as third party assets (offshore gas field and an onshore Terminal).
The Morecambe Hub A&R team are responsible for the accurate and timely reporting and analysis of the hub’s monthly performance.
The Asset Accountant will play an important role in supporting the team to deliver a robust control framework, and ensuring effective, accurate and timely close processes at month, mid-year and year-end. Responsibilities will also incorporate the month-end accounting and billing for Spirit Energy’s Unconventional onshore assets in North-West England.
- Ensure effective, accurate and timely financial statement close processes at month and year end, working closely with the wider Finance Operations team
- Complete all month end deliverables including bookings for accruals and other gross entries and ledger reviews
- Prepare, review and issue cash calls/billings for Unconventionals assets
- Understand business activity in month; complete actuals v budget and forecast variance analysis for month end integrity review, MBR, capex and cost reporting
- Maintain integrity of financial ledger for all assets
- Contribute to BU half year/year end deliverables through the presentation of supporting analysis for assets
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts for Treasury
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation’s
- Produce sales invoices along with associated ledger entries and control debtor management
- Transformation – identify process improvements and see these through to delivery
- Direct interaction with external auditors at Half-Year and Year-End
- Demonstrate own belief in and support for HSEQ policies, procedures and standards. Follow the safety & environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit. Contribute to ensuring HSEQ objectives and targets are met.
- Hold or be studying towards a Finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Joint Venture Accounting experience required
- SAP ERP, BW and BPC experience desirabl
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good communicator who is able to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Thorough approach to financial analysis, with good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work to monthly deadlines
- Flexible – capable of working on own initiative, but also demonstrating great teamwork.
Further characteristics required for the role are:
- Being One Team – Initiates and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues
- Creating A Positive Environment – Enthusiastic, positive and respects others
- Seeing Beyond Our Goals – Understands how own goals align to bigger picture.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Spirit Energy is one of Europe’s top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge. The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Asset Accountant R9947905’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.