Associate Proposition Manager
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is part of Centrica – a global energy and services company dedicated to satisfying the changing needs of its customers.
CBS is at the forefront of energy innovation across the world.
We help energy users gain competitive advantage from distributed energy technology, building and delivering end-to-end energy solutions aimed at building a cleaner, more flexible and more democratic energy system for the future.
The CBS portfolio currently includes product areas ranging from Energy Insights IoT, to flexible Demand Response systems, to behind-the-meter Solar, Cogeneration and Battery Storage solutions.
As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Associate Proposition Manager.
Location: Windsor, with some UK and International travel
This role is based in the Global Proposition & Marketing team. The successful applicant will provide critical support to the development of CBS’s market leading proposition portfolio. This will include launching innovative and differentiated new propositions to drive the business’s growth around the world and managing the commercial performance of propositions which are already in-life. Specific support to include:
- Support proposition development Working with Portfolio Managers to develop differentiated new market offerings to drive new revenue growth for CBS
- Support sales strategy development Recommending optimal approaches to improving revenue performance, including end-customer verticalization and indirect sales through channel and strategic partners
- Support project management Working with Portfolio Managers and a wide range of other business functions to ensure timely delivery of propositions to regional sales teams
- Evaluate key revenue and cost drivers: Understanding how product markets are expected to evolve over time and recommend measures to mitigate or enhance their impact on product business cases
- Assess current and proposed regulatory constructs: Determine if/how pending changes will impact product business cases and recommend mitigation measures
- Foster awareness of competitor’s products: Make recommendations on how Centrica’s unique strengths can be leveraged to differentiate our products as part of crafting a unique value proposition for our customers
Key competencies required to carry out the role competently and effectively:
- Passion to design creative solutions to meet customer needs or to resolve customer problems
- Commercial acumen to improve product revenue performance
- Clarity of written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of energy markets and the regulatory constructs which underpin them
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholders in a cross functional organization
- Attention to detail and ability to deal with ambiguity is necessary for this role
- Degree level qualification in any discipline or equivalent
The successful applicant will have experience in:
- Commercial and strategic analysis to improve business performance
- Collaborating in a cross functional organization to drive project completion and success
- Competitive energy markets (ideally focused on energy innovation)
Salary + Benefits: £40-£50k base salary + bonus + benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Associate Proposition Manager R9942453’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.