Sr. Manager, Facilities Mgmt Services & Projects (North America)
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This position manages the day-to-day facilities management, workspace planning, and capital and other project activities across our North America locations. In partnership with local senior management, implements the strategic vision for the business as it relates to facilities management and workspace planning and execution. Responsible for overseeing and directing the activities associated with facilities management, planning, design, and real estate construction/remodeling (project management).
Establish and maintain excellent rapport and good business relationships with property managers, outsourced service providers and in-house operations personnel in order to create a safe environment that allows our employees to perform the duties necessary for them to be successful.
The portfolio comprises 63 locations with approximately 0.8m sq. ft. of space (85% office, 15% warehouse).
- 7+ years previous experience, preferably in a multi-site or corporate HQ environment, including adherence to processes, effective management of Facilities Management service providers, and total Integrated Facilities Management concepts.
- Effective budgetary and financial skills.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements, HSES, Group governance and local requirements.
- Delivery of Facilities Management services and programs across a variety of assets.
- Manage delivery of services by outsourced suppliers, involvement in supplier selection, change and integration processes.
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with businesses stakeholders and across the organization
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents / drawings
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project and Internet
- Challenge internal stakeholders to implement best practices across our locations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, HSES governance standards, Group policy and process for the FM projects team.
- Ability to see beyond their own goals and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the group.
- Prioritize, manage complex issues effectively and provide clear leadership.
- Manage external suppliers to deliver services per contractual terms and conditions.
- Proven ability to effectively manage 10 or more FTE’s, including remote staff
- Knowledge of real estate terms / concepts
- Knowledge of facilities operations and financial terms / concepts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management.
- Ability to think and act independently.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to influence.
- Ability to adapt and change focus quickly.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skil
- Influence, motivate and inspire the wider organisation at all levels.
- Challenge current practices and proactively seek out opportunities to deliver sustained improvements in performance.
- Proven relationship-builder – internally and externally.
- Embrace One Team and One Centrica culture.
- A strategic thinker, but also delivery focused.
4 yr. College Degree or equivalent work experience (MBA Preferred)
- Manage day-to-day operations of FM team in Houston, and oversee the management of core locations plus all other North American locations through FM team members and site responsible persons.
- Manage contracted Facilities Management services to ensure that they are delivered in compliance with regulatory requirements, HSES standards and contractual terms & conditions, leveraging HSES team members to support. Support HSES’s development of an HSES management system for office locations, and execute tasks through FM team members.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to analyze business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Responsible for development and management of multiple locations budgets – both capital and operational.
- Oversees site operations and new projects. Identifies capital improvement projects and conducts cost analysis in preparation of capital budgets.
- Monitors efficiency and responsiveness of local facilities staff and improves areas as needed.
- Develops and implements facilities policies and procedures across the region.
- Develop intake, logging and processing system for facilities service requests, and ensure that the team follows procedures for each service request,
- including logging, processing and progress chasing enquiries, and adhering quality standards to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Monitor all maintenance and service contracts; liaise with contractors and local facilities team members to constantly ensure high level of service, including negotiation of any new agreements in conjunction with corporate purchasing.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees and top management. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and teams to take desired action.
- Oversee all work to be performed by contractors, service providers and trades for facilities projects.
- Travels to locations for project management issues, concerns, etc.
- Review and approve all purchase orders through SAP and invoices through APW submitted by facilities staff, and ensure seamless process.
- Assist real estate team with locating appropriate office space and continued management of existing leases.
- Act as liaison between REFM NA and the property management companies
- Support, implement and maintain health and safety procedures, ensuring their understanding and implementation by local facilities staff.
- Manage security standards to ensure protection of FM personnel, facilities and equipment, from fire, theft, sabotage, etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual budget, opex and capex.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company. Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or regional deadlines.
- Interface with Group internal stakeholders to deliver technical initiatives, services and solutions. Ensure professional governance and risk mitigation, while meeting mutual business interests.
- Manage the development of and maintain a forward maintenance register for all maintenance requirements of the portfolio, especially relating to site critical assets, ensuring that processes are in place to provide appropriate levels of resilience and to mitigate risk to the business
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability