Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
The Cloud Solutions Architect role within Centrica’s Strategy & Architecture team is a specialist position encompassing extensive Cloud, Application, Infrastructure & Technical Solutions knowledge, with a strong focus on Project engagement, to support Centrica’s strategic cloud initiatives.
As an integral part of our Cloud Architecture & Enterprise Infrastructure Team, you will be part of the Strategic direction and Continuous Improvement of Cloud, Hosting, Infrastructure and Core Technical services within Centrica.
This role provides a global Cloud Architecture & Design Capability to Digital Technology Services and Centrica Business projects.
You will be someone that is driven by a passion for technology, service excellence and an ambition to continuously push the boundaries of how we can improve the services and capabilities offered to Centrica businesses beyond the industry standards.
This role will require you to:
- Lead stakeholders through the translation of their business requirements into contemporary cloud native and traditional solutions, working collaboratively with other teams to provide comprehensive designs to ensure project success
- Ensure the quality of solution architecture and design outputs by applying effective and efficient architectural governance through peer review and design authorities and building reusable design patterns for reference models
- Own and manage relevant technical project and support deliverables by proactively engaging project and business stakeholders
- Be recognised as an expert in cloud paradigms and services, traditional infrastructure and hosting and leading edge technical solutions
- Provide thought leadership in design options and alternatives
- Drive vendor and product selection for various solutions by establishing key criteria and approach
- Enable the future by shaping the application hosting and cloud capability roadmaps, and delivering on these capabilities where required
- Capitalise on the advantages of cloud by maximising on cost and performance optimisation of solutions
- Provide reusable building blocks and best practice by documenting relevant standards, principles and concepts
You will be someone with strong communication skills and experienced in stakeholder management with a focus on customer satisfaction; you will have delivered architectural artefacts at a global enterprise level.
Some of your specific competencies would include:
- Extensive experience in an Infrastructure, Cloud Architect or Technical Architect role
- Expert knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud Platforms and Solutions, as well as industry awareness of competing IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Strong knowledge of architecting the ‘traditional’ infrastructure layers and Data Centre technologies: Network, Compute and Storage stacks and strong virtualisation experience with emphasis on Service Levels (SLAs), High Availability (HA) and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Broad Network and Security knowledge
- Strong Knowledge of Core Infrastructure and Shared Infrastructure Services
- Knowledge of Layered Application Stacks including Databases, Web & Middleware technologies
- Identification and assessment of Solution alternatives (inc. Cost comparisons, TCO)
You should come from a highly technical background within the Cloud, Hosting and Infrastructure arena as well as highly experienced in solution design within a highly matrixed organisation. You will have the following background:
- Extensive experience as an Infrastructure / Solution Architect
- Experience as a Cloud Solution Architect
- Experience in a multi-unit organisation, advising and collaborating.
- A good understanding of Industry regulatory compliance relevant to cloud deployment
- Software development and Automation
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Senior Cloud Solutions Architect R9938241’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.