Cloud Hosting Platforms Architect
This is a key role within Centrica’s Strategy & Architecture function with a strong focus on enhancement and modernisation of Hosting & Shared Services platforms for group wide consumption.
The Cloud Hosting Platform Architect will be part of a team of Cloud & Infrastructure Architects, architecting shared, multi-region Hybrid Cloud Hosting platforms supporting Centrica Group’s global business.
You will be an integral part of our Enterprise Infrastructure & Cloud Architecture group, who are responsible for Strategic direction and Continuous capability enhancements of Cloud, Hosting, Infrastructure and Core Technical services within Centrica.
As a part of a high performing team of talented people, you will be providing advice, sharing knowledge and holding the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the company's roadmap, driving innovation and value in their hosting services.
- Contributing to the development and management of technical standards and practices which implement the Hybrid Cloud and Shared Infrastructure Services strategy, sharing best practices via appropriate channels.
- Setting and documenting appropriate technical standards and ensuring they are followed and communicated.
- Providing assurance and advise that the solutions and technologies recommended will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business and operational needs.
- Providing technical guidance and support to Cloud & Infrastructure Architecture team
- Researching and identify innovative technologies pertinent to the Target Architecture; involvement in any incubation and pilot of these technologies.
- Supporting business investment planning across Centrica Group, focusing on continuous improvement within the Hosting Platforms Architecture.
- Contributing to the continual modernisation of capabilities across Hybrid Cloud, and to the delivery of complex platform hosting solutions where required
- Effectively managing stakeholders in different areas
- Working closely with other specialist domains (Network, Security, identity) on the architecture of new platform capabilities.
- Owning, managing and coordinating own project demand workload, performance and quality through appropriate KPIs
- Acting as a leader of Hosting Platforms.
You will be an individual that possesses a broad Cloud, Data Centre, Infrastructure & Platforms knowledge. You will be driven by a passion for technology, technical excellence and an ambition to continuously push the boundaries of how we can improve the Hosting Platforms and Shared Infrastructure service capabilities to match the current and future demands.
You will have the following competencies and proven experience:
- Strong experience in a Hosting, Data Centre Technologies, Infrastructure Shared Services.
- Strong knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud Platforms and Solutions, as well as industry awareness of competing IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Broad Network and Security knowledge
- Knowledge of Platform Services including Storage, Databases & Middleware technologies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive
- Ability to work in a complex working environment, with different delivery models (agile/waterfall)
- Willing to learn new technologies, focusing on how they could provide benefit for the company
- Focus on quality of platform architectures and architectural artefacts.
In terms of your background, you will come from a technical background within the Cloud, Hosting and Infrastructure arena as well as experienced in solution design within a highly matrixed organisation:
- Extensive experience as an Infrastructure Architect
- Experience as a Cloud Architect
- Experience in a multi-unit organisation, advising and collaborating.
- Technical experience at least two or more of the following areas: Infrastructure Architecture, DC technologies, Cloud Solutions, Systems Operations / Management, IT Security
- A good understanding of Industry regulatory compliance relevant to Cloud deployments
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Cloud Hosting Platforms Architect R9941997’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.