Centrica Business Solutions (part of Centrica) brings together expertise from our Global Businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
Centrica Business Solutions is recruiting and currently looking to fill the position of Contract Specialist at our Centrica Windsor office.
- Location: Windsor office (some flexibility). Travel as required
Senior contract specialist and administration role for the Contract Management function of Distributed Energy UK & Ireland operations serving industrial and commercial customers. Management of third party suppliers & contractors for all UK operations. Adopt the culture and processes to manage contract delivery, HSE, protect margin and deliver projects on time, championing business values.
- Contract management: Executing contract amendments, variations, novation’s, serving notices and monitoring contract performance to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled across all type of construction, installation, design, operation & maintenance contracts for both clients and 3rd party’s contracts
- Contract negotiation: identify contract risks, prepare negotiation plan and support the negotiation of different type of contracts (services, goods, works) for Installation & O&M in relation to energy efficiency and energy generation with local and international contractors and suppliers
- Specifications: Review specifications for technical scope of works, particularly installation, O&M project resource requirements for £100m+ per annum of projects with the purpose to ensure most efficient and updated company’s contracts are selected/drafted and most effective pricing methodology is applied
- Relationships: Build working strong working level relationships with key contractor suppliers. Establish strong relationships with senior and peers in other functional & Operational teams
- Adopt a proactive culture of continuous improvement around health and safety within your team and integrating high performance in contractor management
- Strong knowledge of contracts, contract management, contract engineering and contract administration, claim management, procurement and purchasing
- Contract Management – good understanding of business contracts, frameworks and back to back principle
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to enable non-technical stakeholders to understand the implications of complex technical issues
- The ability influence and build trusted relationships at all levels of the business
- Extensive experience in contract management and procurement •Excellent commercial negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of energy industry
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS and/or RICS membership desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Contracts Specialist R9947534’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.