Location: London Rathbone Place
Salary range; circa £ competitive + annual bonus, and excellent package
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Data Science Team @ Centrica Hive Limited.
In this role, you’ll be actively involved in designing and developing pioneering data solutions in energy analytics. The role will involve algorithm design & development, data analysis & modelling, prototyping on large datasets and also some level of software development. You’ll need to possess practical statistical knowledge to be able to extract meaningful insights from data.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Strong applied mathematics and engineering skills, ideally including:
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition especially with Time Series
- Statistics and probability
- Signal processing
- Knowledge or experience with disaggregation of smart-meter electricity would be a plus
- Software development skills at a level to be able to prototype algorithms and run models on large data sets (ideally Python & Jupyter notebook)
- Demonstrable work experience where you’ve applied data science and worked with developers/data engineers bringing data science into production
- Exposure to DB and big data technologies (our current stack includes MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka and Spark) would be a plus
- Qualified to a PhD level or have the relevant work experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, being able to explain complex ideas and concepts to audiences from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Good user-level understanding of software development tools and practices (linux tools, git, agile development, ...)
- Excellent general problem solving abilities
- We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, who is keen to solve problems and learn new skills. You’re curious about data and data technology, persistent and thorough with strong attention to detail
- You will need to enjoy working in a diverse, multi skilled team, as well as be self reliant and motivated
Salary range; competitive + annual bonus, and excellent package
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Data Scientist R9946038 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.