Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager
DTS - Dublin Based
Reporting to: Head of Ireland Service and Infrastructure
Bord Gáis Energy, part of Centrica PLC, is one of Ireland’s leading energy providers. We supply gas, electricity and energy services to over 650,000 homes and businesses across the country, offering excellent customer service as well as the best value possible. We are the helpful energy company.
Reporting to the Head of Service & Infrastructure Ireland, the Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for ensuring the continued performance of Bord Gais Energy’s Application & Infrastructure landscape. The role has responsibility for protecting and enhancing live IT service quality & performance and anticipating potential issues through robust problem management and driving a continuous service improvement agenda within a Global Infrastructure & Operations function.
- Act as primary BGE day to day touch point for Service Delivery & Infrastructure Operations Management of our Managed Service Provider and all other third party vendors
- Govern all aspects of service delivery from third party service providers and contracts to ensure smooth delivery of infrastructure services and maintenance of long lasting partner relationships
- Perform the role of Service Integrator for service operations and change delivery spanning across multiple vendors
- Manage the Incident Management process to include Major Incident Management, from raising of incidents through to incident resolution
- Manage the Problem Management process, determining root cause and the required fixes to avoid repeat incidents
- Manage other ITIL processes such as: Request Management, Change Management, Release Management, Event Management and Capacity Management
- Develop relationships and communication with key stakeholders, customers and external contact centre teams, building strong & collaborative relationships with the global IT teams supporting service delivery to Bord Gáis Energy
- Participate in IT audits annually, managing all actions to closure across a global function
- Work efficiently within a matrix org structure servicing additional demand from Telephony & Networks, Operational Delivery and End User Computing teams
- Deliver continuous service improvement initiatives into live service
- Coach and train one Service Delivery Analyst in key aspects of Service & Infrastructure Operations
- Work with all technical resolver groups (third party and internal) and Managed Service Provider to improve Service Desk knowledge base, enhancing the customer experience
- Co-ordinate the resolution of high priority escalations through the MSP and other vendors and internal resolution groups
- Supply input to Weekly & Monthly Service Management reporting to include management dashboards, monthly Balanced Scorecards, monthly Executive reporting
- Support Business Continuity Planning and Disaster recovery testing schedules per annum.
- Responsibilities may be extended to include other areas of service delivery and the successful candidate will need to skill-up to have a working knowledge of these areas
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field and minimum of 5 years’ experience working in IT related disciplines
- Or 5 years experience working in the area of Service Management with experience of managing the outsourced provider
- A technical understanding of Infrastructure would be a distinct advantage
- Cost focussed with an understanding of costs to deliver technical solutions
- Strong application knowledge of energy sectors application domains (desirable)
- ITIL Certification and proven record of implementation and operation of ITIL aligned processes
- Proven track record in management of IT service in a large organization including retained and outsourced suppliers
- Experience managing a structured Service Support ITIL environment – Incident, Problem, Change, Release etc.
- Understanding of Service Management disciplines, processes, concepts and best practices
- Experience or knowledge of the Energy market is desirable
- Previous experience of working within a Global Operating Model
- Excellent Communication and Negotiation skills
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 04 April 2018. Canvassing will disqualify.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
April 05, 2018