Assets & Trading - Dublin Based
Specific Purpose (Temporary Contract)
Reporting to: Pricing Lead
Bord Gáis Energy, part of Centrica PLC, is one of Ireland’s leading energy providers. We supply gas, electricity and energy services to over 650,000 homes and businesses across the country, offering excellent customer service as well as the best value possible. We are the helpful energy company.
The primary purpose of this role is to value all relevant costs & risks that are incurred in serving either gas or electricity customers, so that customer specific quotations or mass market tariffs can be issued on a timely basis and thus supporting the sales teams in delivering their market strategies. Further to this there is a requirement to forecast consumption for all existing customers on a weekly basis. To maintain the integrity of the quotation and forecasting process through the maintenance of audit trails and full back up documentation. Safeguard the smooth flow of data through the end to end process to assist in the protection of margin.
- Preparing timely & transparent assessments of the costs & risks of supplying gas & electricity customers across all markets;
- Maintaining critical commodity, risk & third party charging data & documentation in the Quotation Management System;
- Acting as a control point in the quotation process by ensuring that relevant authorisations are in place;
- Providing tariffs for the mass market that are cost reflective and transparent;
- Assisting in preparing bespoke prices for tenders;
- Supporting processes to ensure the successful implementation of tariffs into the Billing systems;
- Supporting demand forecasting processes;
- Ensuring a smooth flow of information between all stakeholders;
- Ad-hoc reporting and other related duties as required;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Business, Numerate or Mathematical based degree;
- A strong level of verbal and written communication skills including an ability to communicate well with senior management and external customers;
- An ability to work with and maintain good relationships at all levels within the business;
- Personal accountability - ability to take ownership of issues and have a solution driven attitude
- The ability to successfully prioritise and work on multiple tasks concurrently with strong time management skills and a proven record of working to strict deadlines;
- Excellent IT skills in particular advanced Excel;
- Ability to present complex, technical topics easily to others at all levels in a clear and understandable manner;
- Understanding of energy markets (sales & wholesale) and associated retail products is desirable but not essential;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail;
- Commercial acumen and judgement;
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 03 April 2018. Canvassing will disqualify.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
April 04, 2018