Natural Gas Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in pressure situations
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
Responsible for ensuring that all scheduling functions related to the transportation of natural gas (i.e. nominations, balancing, volume verification, etc.) take place in an accurate and timely manner. Includes considerable interaction with Sales, utilities, and wholesale operations in determining the optimization of Direct Energy’s supply resources.
The position holder must transact time sensitive information with local utilities, as well as understand and monitor utility tariffs and the regulatory environment. Provide 24x7 support, as required, to monitor Direct Energy’s positions with utilities and counterparties. Assist in resolving billing discrepancies, working closely with the billing group, and correcting database anomalies. Perform various analyses and studies as required.
- Schedule gas for transportation on several Local Distribution Company (LDC) systems
- Utilizing the Apollo gas management system, ensure that appropriate quantities of gas are scheduled in order to minimize exposure to penalties
- Analyze volumetric flow data and reconcile imbalance
- Trade imbalances with other shippers in order to minimize exposure to imbalance penalties
- Develop and utilize appropriate forecasting models to project customer requirements under various weather conditions, by pool
- Maintain excellent relations with LDCs in order to ensure a cooperative approach to the resolution of scheduling problems
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with large customers to anticipate the impact of operational changes on scheduled volumes in order to minimize exposure to imbalance penalties
- Maintain knowledge of LDC tariffs with respect to changes in scheduling requirements
- Assist in the performance of other operational functions as required
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability