Customer Propositions and Products Assistant Manager
Customer Propositions and Products Assistant Manager – In a nutshell
We are looking for an experienced Customer Propositions and Products (CP&P) Assistant Manager and Leader, to support the delivery of P&L targets for UK-Home, including revenue, contribution and earnings, and to assist the delivery of a product and proposition portfolio that delights, retains and grows our customer base through effective product management and the delivery of new propositions.
As an inspirational and knowledgeable leader, we require you to lead the design, development and launch of engaging, innovative and commercially successful products and propositions across our chosen sectors. Lead cross functional teams across UKH, CO, FO and CH to deliver effective launches to our chosen customers.
Customer Propositions and Products Assistant Manager – Role Accountabilities
- Support the CP&P Managers in delivering P&L targets on behalf of UK Home, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans
- Identify opportunities to drive volume growth through either existing sales channels or new routes to market. Perform analysis to identify these opportunities and support the CP&P Managers in communicating these opportunities across UKH and CO teams.
- Identify opportunities to reduce churn and manage retention by analysing customer and market insight and through customer closeness sessions. Create plans by collaborating with Customer Insight, CO and FO colleagues
- Support the CP&P Managers in developing product strategies to maximise the value of the customer base. Continuously scan for new market opportunities and threats which will emerge through technical, customer or industry changes
- Support the review of performance of the full portfolio of in-market products, propose and implement improvements to grow and retain the value of our customer base and agree the portfolio development roadmap.
- Lead the definition, design and launch of new propositions (product, service, channel, experience, price, brand) to attract, grow and retain valuable UK residential customers
- Support idea generation in the development of compelling and innovative new products
- Actively manage propositions through the stage-gate process, developing and recommending progress through insight generation, concept development, specification and build stage gates
- Project manage product development requirements, including solution design, IPD requirements, business process definition, stakeholder updates, compliance requirements and commercial case, ensuring successful delivery of new product to market in expected timeframes
- Support the delivery of all propositions within correct governance process and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, which includes that we are treating customers fairly
- Monitor performance, customer and business measures to validate the success of new product introductions. Develop improvement plans as necessary.
Customer Propositions and Products Assistant Manager – Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to define, design and develop innovative and creative propositions, targeted at specific customer segment needs
- Product management or equivalent commercial management of a product or customer segment
- Ability to interpret customer needs and analyse customer, commercial and market data
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with experience of delivering projects through cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of the energy and energy services sector, including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks, Financial Services experience
- Able to demonstrate use of customer insight and fostering creativity to develop and improve customer propositions
- Strong commercial and analytical skills
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
- Ideally knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Customer Propositions and Products Assistant Manager R9946575’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.