Credit & Collections Agent
Credit & Collections Agent
Customer Operations – Dublin
Specific Purpose Contract (Temporary)
Reporting to: Campaign Development & Exceptions Lead
Bord Gáis Energy, part of Centrica PLC, is one of Ireland’s leading energy providers. We supply gas, electricity and energy services to over 650,000 homes and businesses across the country, offering excellent customer service as well as the best value possible. We are the helpful energy company.
The successful candidate will be part of the Credit & Collections Team; working in the commercial collections team. Extensive customer contact is involved requiring excellent interpersonal skills while maintaining a professional manner at all times.
This role will require a high calibre candidate to be able to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative. The person will be responsible for decision making which leads to optimal management of the debt portfolio within their control. Achievement of agreed Cash Collection and Application targets will be required.
• Responsible for daily phone contact with commercial customers in relation to their arrears profile & in securing settlement.
• Action disconnection of overdue accounts for gas and electricity based on adherence to pre defined criterion.
• Outbound Collection of aged debt by telephone – prompted by system generated tasks & own initiative using aged debt analysis reports.
• Accurate and timely updating of the system with regard to actions taken and future collection tasks.
• Inbound Collection calls from commercial customers regarding queries on gas & electricity invoices
• Negotiating and planning with customers to clear debt with use of payment plans.
• Building strong positive relationships with Sales & Billing Teams and Sales & Billing Managers.
• Working closely with Business Account Managers to resolve customer issues and secure payments.
• Follow up with customers in relation to rejected Direct Debits and establish reasoning behind.
• Evaluate appropriate actions by assessing customers’ payment and arrears profiles and prioritise action accordingly.
• Review Aging Ledgers and Carry out system generated task requirements.
• Drive for issue resolution on commercial customer accounts.
• Develop solid relationships with customers and drive for timely payment from customers.
• Liaise with Management in the resolution or queries relating to outstanding payments.
• Complete Credit management functions regarding new & renewal business leads, customer accounts and general queries as required
• Support the credit policies to ensure that revenue is protected whilst maintaining competitiveness in the market place.
• Interact with and provide support to Team colleagues and management contributing to a strong team culture and partaking in initiatives / forums
• Validate and report to credit function or solicitors on any accounts that may go legal may be required.
• Ensure the delivery of Credit and Collections and support input into key operational metrics.
• Liaise and assist cross functional teams in the pursuance payment and application of cash receipts.
• Ensure compliance to company credit policy and relevant legislation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Previous Credit & Collections experience is essential; preferably with commercial customers is desirable
• Good working knowledge of Credit Management principles/processes.
• Excellent numeric skills and knowledge of principles involved in Credit Management.
• Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
• Proven interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
• Results Orientated dynamic individual who is motivated by target achievement.
• General computer literacy.
• PC literate and high level of proficiency in MS packages – Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Ability to interface professionally and positively with commercial Customers in achieving account settlement/query resolution/payment advice
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 28 March 2018. Canvassing will disqualify.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
March 29, 2018