The Performance Manager role is a pivotal role in the development of the UK Home Insurance business. The role will be directly accountable for the development and maintenance of the performance data strategy working with a cross functional team including CDL (configuration), Marketing, Data, MI and Customer Insights areas.
The role will also lead the development and production of performance indicators and be responsible for ad hoc / daily / weekly / monthly reporting to the Home Insurance Management team as well as to the wider business. Assessments of conversion, retention and value creation will feed into the pricing work and be central to the future price and product testing that is run in the venture.
A key accountability will be to lead the review of Home Insurance performance for the existing Home insurance product offers (including Landlords), the new broker model performance, as well as all aspects of Home IQ performance. This performance review will also look at the component parts (including ancillary and instalment income) and assess performance in relation to sales, premium income, commission, margin, and conduct risk. This will also align performance to specific customer segments and will assess effectiveness of channels and marketing campaigns.
The role will also work with Finance to produce a Home Insurance P&L and will develop longer term profitability assessments as well as leading the forecasting of Home Insurance sales and KPIs. A key area of development is the definition and analysis of the insurance claims data and to develop this into standardised performance reporting.
Skills, experience and competencies
You will have experience of:
- Defining, designing and launching new performance dashboards. This includes the ability to lead the requirement gathering and management across functions including effective planning and user testing
- Product management to drive customer and business value
- Turning data into insightful information which can support business decision making
- Assessing customer / market pricing and strategies to optimise performance as a result
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships of influence with senior leaders
- A passion for understanding the customer and their needs, backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop innovative and creative propositions, targeted at specific customer segment needs
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organisation in order to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver financial goals, based on an understanding of our business and external context
- Knowledge and experience of reporting and data requirement gathering and analysis in blue chip businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
- Able to demonstrate use of customer insight and data driven analysis to improve the HI business
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
- Ability to formulate and implement a strategy to deliver an enhanced reporting model (meetings, performance measures and platforms)
- Strong commercial focus and experience in managing budgets
- Experience developing product and service propositions in Energy and Financial sectors
- Experience with designing end-to-end solutions and using influencing skills to sell solutions and develop strategies encompassing thorough internal analysis, industry knowledge and business direction
- Understanding of all relevant legal obligations and regulations
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Performance Manager R9941825’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.