The HSE Advisor role will guide and assist in the development, implementation and promotion of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies, standards, controls and behavioural and cultural change
The position will require an Occupational Safety and Health qualification to at least NEBOSH General Certificate or Construction level with the candidate personal development intent of working towards Diploma.
- Build influential working relationships with key stakeholders not only within direct areas of responsibility, but across the organisation
- To ensure the robust identification and accuracy of reporting, of Health, Safety and Environmental and where applicable mechanical, electrical breaches.
- Ensure full compliance with our internal Heath, Safety and Environment Integrated Management System and Safety Assurance Process, providing expert advice and effective solutions to key stakeholder managers.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of business frameworks, Standards, Processes and Procedures providing expert input to reviews and updates.
- Carry out and lead all incident investigations according to competence on behalf of the business and suppliers as directed by the business, where required in accordance with the requirements of the Government appointed regulatory body and the HSE.
The job holder will be expected to participate in a standby rota for out of normal working hours incident investigation and provide support for other health, safety and environmental incident requests
You will be a self-motivated individual who is able to work on your own initiative while participating in and contributing to the work of the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate skill in successfully engaging, influencing and working across a diverse audience, both written and verbal communication
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: HSE Advisor R9946162’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.