CP&P Governance Manager
We are looking for a Senior Governance Manager to support the Head of Governance in managing in-life conduct risks across the Customer Products & Propositions (CP&P) business area ensuring good conduct practices are in place at all times The CP & P Governance Manager will provide support and advice to the CP&P Director and Head of Governance in relation to consumer credit conduct risk across UK Home and will embed consumer credit governance within the CP&P team. In Addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that the team adheres to the Training & Competency scheme requirements and has the required skills and knowledge to be competent in their role
- Support the Head of Governance in the management of conduct risk associated with all products across CP&P, including putting in place processes for appropriately recording, reporting and mitigating risks
- Ensure that appropriate management information is in place to analyse the performance and suitability of consumer credit products as well as other products and services within the CP&P team
- Coordinate and manage the inputs for and outputs from the monthly CP&P Conduct Meeting
- Ensure CP&P Governance is embedded across UK Home, Customer Operations, Field Operations and Connected Home through effective cross functional communication and management
- Support the Head of Governance with the preparation of reports to the UK Home Leadership team and the Boards (as appropriate), in particular in relation to consumer credit risk
- Ensure oversight over all consumer credit products used by UK Home and ensure they are fit for purpose and appropriate for customers’ needs
- Support with the process of transferring consumer credit permissions from BGFL to BGSL
- Ensure that the business has appropriate contracts in place with the third-party suppliers that CP&P use (specifically consumer credit providers) and that appropriate oversight over these third parties is in place
- Oversee from a conduct perspective the operation of the Barclays Partner Finance and Freedom Finance relationships, including compliance with the contracts
- Ensure that the loan application process is continually reviewed and improved where possible
- Ensure the Training & Competency scheme is adhered to by CP&P team, including the production of MI for quarterly reporting and the delivery of training to ensure staff competence
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes relevant to our industry
- This is a key role for quality assurance, compliance and oversight in the CP&P function
- Strong knowledge of consumer credit regulations and FCA TCF compliance regime
- Strong knowledge of the insurance sector and understanding of relevant policies, regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Experience in risk management
- Passion for understanding the needs of customers and ensuring they are being treated fairly
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to advise on innovative and creative propositions, targeted at specific customer segment needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across functions in order to collaborate effectively to achieve common goals
- Commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver financial goals, based on the understanding of our business and external context
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, operating within a complex regulatory environment
- Experience advising on consumer credit
- Experience in identifying and managing compliance risks effectively
- Experience using influencing skills to offer solutions across all levels of the organisation
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: CP&P Governance Manager R9944736’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.