Senior Treasury Accountant
The Senior Treasury Accountant will join the Treasury Team of Spirit Energy, a newly formed Oil and Gas joint venture company.
The role will support the Treasury Manager in recording and booking all Treasury transactions of Spirit Energy, including valuations of FX deals and for the right person with good numeracy and attention to detail, it will offer a great opportunity to further develop their treasury and finance skills.
- Prepare the treasury and head office cash flow forecast consolidating with the Spirit business entities forecast to provide an overall Spirit Energy cash forecast
- Oversee the Group’s FX hedging reports and schedules ensuring all FX transactions are being implemented correctly. Arrange all associated accounting entries on all FX deals ensuring they are applied to the correct profit centre and valued correctly
- Administer all the Company’s inter-company loan balances, setting appropriate interest rates, preparing monthly interest statements & settlement of trading balances
- Work with the head office accountant to makes sure all treasury transactions are accounted for correctly and maintain reconciliation of treasury balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the contribution of Treasury transactions to the SETL financial statements (including but not limited to Interest paid, Interest received, Realised FX and Unrealised FX)
- Administer and make all IAS39 bookings
- Supervise the process for issuing of bank guarantees and letters of credit, maintaining all the associated relevant schedules
- Administer group bank accounts for those businesses signed up to the treasury policy including bank account opening/closing and bank mandate changes
- Facilitate treasury payments on the online banking systems when required
- Work with the treasury team in Aberdeen and the wider Finance community
- Opportunities to progress in the role, taking on ad-hoc project work and/ or further responsibilities as appropriate.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Qualified accountant with some recent treasury experience
- Good experience of maintaining cash flow forecast models and general cash management
- Understanding of the fundamentals of financial risk management
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on a regular basis, and work under time pressure
- Professional demeanour and ability to adapt to change
- Good systems (SAP/ERP/BPC) skills and skills in Excel & databases
- Experience of banking systems.
- Uncompromising approach to ethics and values
- Strong attention to detail, and desire to deliver quality
- Ability to build relationships and represent Treasury internally and externally
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
Spirit Energy is one of Europe’s top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge. The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Senior Treasury Accountant R9946579’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.