Senior Asset Accountant
The North Sea JV team has responsibility for a large number of operated and non-operated assets. The North Sea Senior Asset Accountant is a key role in the Finance Control team and will play a key role in supporting the team lead to deliver a robust control framework, and ensuring effective, accurate and timely close processes at month, mid-year and year-end, working closely with the wider finance team (including accurate closing of local accounting books and relevant Group submissions).
The individual will also play a pivotal part in driving process improvements and integration and alignment of the Spirit JV businesses.
- Accountable for ensuring all month end, mid year and year end deliverables, including preparation of the month end reporting, intergroup reconciliations, mismatch investigations and group consolidation and SUPS reporting for statutory purposes
- Preparation and review of Balance Sheet Reconciliation’s
- Approval and review of journal entries into Finance System
- Preparation and review of VOWD, Opex/Capex Accruals, Budget, Forecast and AFE variance analysis
- Liaising with Finance Business Partners and assist where necessary with the business reporting requirements
- Ensure appropriate control, issue, monitoring of billings; both issued and received, including control on cutback processes
- To act in an advisory capacity role in JV Accounting matters for all the Regions
- Participate in JV finance committees and operating committees as appropriate, liaising with JV partners and duty-holders on all finance matters including billings, budgets & reporting, ensuring compliance with Partner JOA’s
- Enhance, challenge and make relevant recommendations to current working practices
- Utilise the most appropriate methods of analysis, communication and problem solving to ensure information presented is meaningful and pitched at the right level for the intended audience
- Demonstrate own belief in and support for HSEQ policies, procedures and standards. Follow the safety & environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit. Contribute to ensuring HSEQ objectives and targets are met.
- Track record of effective financial reporting within a robust control environment
- A qualified accountant
- SAP ERP & BPC experience an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Communication and influencing skills –able to build good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and work to monthly deadlines
- Flexible – capable of working on own initiative, but also demonstrating great teamwork
- Analytical and problem solving skills – to make sense of complex data, assess options and make sound recommendations.
- Organisational skills – to ensure all deliverables are fulfilled on time and of good quality
- Commitment – possess passion and determination required to meet / exceed objectives
- Results driven.
Spirit Energy is one of Europe’s top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge. The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Senior Asset Accountant R9946687’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.