Category Manager, HVAC
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Category Manager, HVAC is an important role within the Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to the Centrica business. The role works closely with in the Procurement team, senior internal stakeholders and external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management. The role ensures Procurement is perceived as a positive, significant, value adding integral partner to the Centrica business.
- Engagement up to a senior level demonstrating the ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills.
- Self directed, pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Advanced influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities. Advanced skill using MS Office- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Imagination and creativity.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant in work experience.
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent).
- Will be responsible for $60-70M in annual spend
- Will manage suppliers ranging from global manufacturers to local distributors
- Will operate in an environment with team members and stakeholders located throughout NA
- Must work with local, site-based purchasing on local requirements
Ideal candidate has:
- Welcome and open to the challenge of moving stakeholder engagement from reactive/reactionary to proactive business partnering
8-10 years strategic sourcing experience
- HVAC Parts & Materials or MRO category management experience
- Experience with challenging stakeholders in a maturing function
- Experience with moving local/tactical sourcing to a fully leveraged, category strategy
- Experience with a highly dependent and complex supply market, including residential HVAC, plumbing, electrical and installation contractors
- Black/Green Belt or LEAN experience would add value to this role
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability