An exciting opportunity to join BG Lite. We are an independent supplier within British Gas looking to grow our team and business. As a successful Commercial Analyst you will drive the development of our pricing strategy as well as maintaining the forecasting and business case realisation.
As a key member of the commercial function in an energy start up, you will take responsibility for margin management and commercial reporting and forecasting.
You’ll be supporting the development, implementation and ongoing delivery of commercial reporting and performance analysis. Developing and defining our pricing strategy, managing margin on a monthly basis to realise the business case and sales plan.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Build, implement & run pricing tests
- Enhance pricing capability, including competitor analysis, margin tracking and revenue forecasting
- Deliver future strategic thinking and analysis to support future market & regulatory changes
- Deliver a commercial reporting suite that helps support future decision making
- Continually analyse and develop our commission structure ensuring it meets both business and broker needs
- Develop the retention strategy for BG LITE including pricing
- Support the development of commercial plans and financial forecasts
You’ll be educated to degree level, or equivalent, with strong excel and power-point skills. Knowledge of the energy industry, particularly B2B, would be preferable.
In addition we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel.
- Price comparison website knowledge would be advantageous
- A keen analytical attitude
- Enthusiasm and an attitude to challenge the status quo
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Commercial Analyst R9946599’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
We offer a generous salary up to £40K (dependant on experience) plus a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, enabling you to perform to the best of your ability, safe in the knowledge that your life outside of the working environment is also considered and you as an employee feel valued.