Price Optimisation & Modelling Manager
We are looking for an exceptional manager to develop price optimisation and modelling capability in within the wider Pricing directorate. This individual will play a key role in developing a price optimisation and modelling Centre of Excellence and report directly to the Head of Price Optimisation and Modelling.
- Lead the development of pricing strategies across Energy, Home Services and Insurance
- Develop and execute personalised pricing capability leveraging a value and risk based price optimisation and modelling
- Support in the development of pricing talent for price optimisation and modelling
- Accountable for the delivery of the customer life-time value framework for specific products as well as the underlying behaviour models
- Lead analysis of trading performance against financial targets, including the pricing dashboard and present recommendations.
- Play a lead role in complex price changes, tracking the impacts of those changes on core business metrics, and on competitor price positioning
- Own the presentation of business case and pricing proposals for senior stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong understanding of market, competitors’ strategies & drives, and customers’ behaviour and needs
- Lead engagements on price points with the Product & Propositions team to achieve the desired outcomes
- Lead the induction and training of analyst in the team and help share knowledge on technical and process issues
- Proven ability to design and frame pricing and optimisation strategies, preferably in insurance or services
- Experience in developing price optimisation software/platform
- Understanding of application of behaviour models for pricing
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, preferably in the areas of insurance pricing & modelling, and customer behaviour analysis.
- Excellent communication - written and verbal skills with ability to vary style when communicating with data technicians, pricing experts and non-technical audience
- A proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance
- Educated to honours degree level potentially with progress towards relevant professional qualification.
- Excellent academic record, academic qualification(s) in a quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Radar advantageous
- Proven several years of experience of developing and leading a price optimisation and modelling capability in general insurance industry
- Strong quantitative skills supported by deep knowledge of pricing platforms like Radar, Earnix etc.
- Understanding of personal lines insurance markets as well as emerging trends
- Inquisitive and experienced in insurance markets with a passion for keeping our customers at the centre of all proposals.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Price Optimisation & Modelling Manager R9945536’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.