The Data Analyst will develop and deliver insights and analysis to enable the business to run the operation and make informed decision making.
They will lead the creation of actionable insight from data through the application of first class analytics, and will have responsibility for managing a number of stakeholder relationships within the business.
- Work with the Data and Analytics Manager (Business) to collect, prioritise and deliver the business requirements for data and analysis
- Deliver new insight & analysis that can be used to support the operation or mitigate risk
- Develop and run dashboards for Customer Operations
- Provide Insight & Analysis to strengthen new operational activities
- Proactive use of insight & feedback to recommend & implement improvements
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical background in complex businesses/organisations
- Excellent technical skills with a particular focus on SQL / SAS to interrogate the data warehouse efficiently
- Highly numerate and analytical, combined with strong commercial awareness, with proven ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data to solve problems logically using a range of advanced analytical techniques
- Expertise in customer analytics that is relevant and transferable to the analysis of Customer Value
- Ability to translate complex end to end analytical projects into executable commercial opportunities
- Lead analysis effectively and create solutions, being prepared to work ‘above and beyond’ to understand wider business touch-points
- Good understanding of external data sources, e.g. credit reference agency data
- Detailed knowledge of the financial marketplace and the implications to the utilities industry
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits which include retail vouchers, gym membership, private healthcare and many more.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Data Analyst R9944014’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.