Analyst - Price Optimisation and Modelling
Centrica plc is a FTSE 100 energy and services company with operations in UK, North America and Europe. Everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers. We will satisfy our customers, deliver cash flow growth and returns for our shareholders and be efficient and excellent in our operations.
We aim to be at the centre of our customers’ lives – helping them run their world by providing services that save time, effort, and money. Our vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and services for our chosen markets and maximise value for shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America), Hive.
In the UK, Centrica’s Consumer division operates in the segments of energy supply, services, peace of mind, home energy management and home automation with over 10 million customers, and more than 20,000 colleagues. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are committed to developing the best products and services to meet their needs.
We are looking for an exceptional analyst to help develop price optimisation and modelling capability in within the wider Pricing directorate. This individual will play a key role in the price optimisation Centre of Excellence and report directly to Senior Price Optimisation Manager.
- Support the development of pricing strategies across Energy, Home Services and Insurance
- Provide analytical support and insight to develop personalised pricing capability leveraging a value and risk based price optimisation and modelling
- Assist with the development of the customer life-time value framework as well as the underlying behaviour models. Monitor model performance on an ongoing basis and suggest areas of development.
- Analyse trading performance against financial targets, including producing & analysing the pricing dashboard, and develop recommendations. Identify gaps in existing pricing dashboard and develop improvements.
- Support the wider pricing teams with complex price changes and tests, tracking the impacts of those changes on core business metrics, and on competitor price positioning.
- Present model summaries to support pricing and customer lifetime value proposals
- Assist with preparation and supporting material for presentation of business case for senior stakeholders.
- Develop knowledge of market, competitors’ strategies & drives, and customers’ behaviour and needs, and play a proactive role in suggesting strategic improvements.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience in price optimisation and statistical modelling, preferably in insurance or services
- Understanding of application of behaviour & risk models for pricing
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, preferably in the areas of insurance pricing and/or modelling
- A proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance
- Educated to honours degree level potentially with progress towards relevant professional qualification.
- Excellent academic record, academic qualification(s) in a quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of tools such as Emblem, Radar, SAS, R, SQL advantageous concepts
- Relevant work experience in personal lines insurance price optimisation and modelling methodologies
- Strong quantitative skills supported by deep knowledge of pricing platforms like Radar, Earnix etc.
- Understanding of personal lines insurance markets as well as emerging trends
- Inquisitive and experienced in insurance markets with a passion for keeping our customers at the centre of all proposals.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Analyst - Price Optimisation and Modelling R9944269’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.