Location: Our newly renovated office in Staines-upon-Thames
The Insurance/Underwriting Analyst will support the British Gas Insurance Ltd (BGIL) core strategy of being a well-run and well-governed insurer by:
- Leading the development & production of underwriting and insurance risk analytics and of conduct and other analytics which embed BGIL’s regulatory oversight responsibilities
- Owning BGIL’s regulatory obligation of Cold Weather Modelling and undertake associated climate, data and modelling research in support of its ongoing development
- Supporting BGIL pricing analytics and processes
- Contributing to the development of emerging risks analytics including Internet of Things and its impact on BGIL risk profile
- Working in partnership with colleagues throughout UK Home, Insurance support product development within Centrica’s Peace of Mind strategy
You will be an excellent communicator and team player, able to apply Centrica values in all day to day activities including the application of all policies and principles relating to Health, Safety and Well-Being (Centrica’s number 1 priority). You will possess strong analytical skills, with demonstrable consumer insurance background and an awareness of insurance principles with a focus on consumer lines products. You will be able to vary your style when communicating with data technicians, pricing experts and a wider business audience and will have a proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance, alongside a good applied understanding of financial services regulatory requirements and wider insurance trends.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to honours degree level (upper second class) potentially with progress towards relevant professional qualification (insurance, mathematics or statistics)
- Part-qualified actuary would be considered but not essential
- Experience of working within a consumer general insurance environment
- Excellent grasp of the statistical & analytical techniques and principles of insurance/underwriting – minimum of 2 years relevant consumer insurance experience
- Strong software skills (Excel, VBA, EMBLEM, Power BI) and preferable exposure to SAS or R
For a full job description, please contact Nikita.firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Insurance/Underwriting Analyst R9945511’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.