CRM Effectiveness and Optimisation Analyst
As part of the effectiveness and optimisation, the team support development of the continuous improvement of our marketing effectiveness and optimisation of cross channel contacts and interactions across all targeted CRM Best Next Action and Lifecycle Campaign activity, this is across multiple channels and Brands to increase the profitability of the business, remaining committed to treating customers fairly.
The CRM E&O Analyst will maximise Effectiveness analytics commercial impact, through defining and creating a clear set of KPIs for each initiative and for the continuous measurement against them
By Setting out optimisation strategies that will help the enterprise to resolve trade-offs between volume and value, individual business units and enterprise, product and customer.
The CRM E&O Analyst will also be responsible for the development and application of advanced analytics, planning & optimisation to ultimately drive increased customer value through better conversion and response.
What will you be doing?
- Develop end-to-end understanding of current and future potential performance across both CRM Best Next Action and Lifecycle Campaign activity ensuring Insight is fully leveraged to drive continuous improvement in all strategic, tactical and campaign planning & development through full participation in these processes
- Develop and refine campaign evaluation tools & techniques to enable robust and consistent delivery of reporting & analytics across the team ensuring we identify how marginal value/ROI can be improved and maximised throughout the customer lifetime
- Identify value drivers relevant to Direct Marketing, sales and Retention. Develop our use of customer value to deliver clear and actionable insight that drives a continuous improvement in the application and understanding of customer value and Return on Marketing Investment.
- Take ownership for the delivery of dashboards, reports and analytics for campaign effectiveness, model-performance and optimisation; delivering actionable insights that keep the customer at the heart of the decision and drive real business value
- Provide through leadership on the strategic roadmap for campaign effectiveness for the future including the unification of reporting and analytics toolsets used across the team
- Run optimisation models involving audience segmentation, exclusions and assignment of offers and channels based on historic performance and estimated future performance
- Support maintenance of testing and simulation strategies to accurately estimate the future performance of the suggested optimisation strategy options
- Maintain optimisation and arbitration frameworks and algorithms for a wide array of targeted CRM Best Next Action and Lifecycle Campaign activity across multiple channels and Brands
- Contribute to the design of the effective cross-channel reporting of the campaign performance
- Investigate and suggest technical solutions, parameters and methodologies to improve the optimisation process
- Build a reputation for thorough, proactive delivery and play a full role in the development of a high performing, well-renowned centre of analytical excellence
- Ensuring we transition reporting seamlessly to new platforms and that all reporting becomes reflective of a customer lifecycle model; ensuring we have all the data assets we need in place
- Take ownership of the work stack for all of marketing effectiveness and optimisation, prioritising and communicating this were appropriate
- Within all aspects of the role put the Customer at the heart of decision making and support the UKES&S ambition to lead the digital transformation of our industry
To be great in this role:
- Highly numerate, structured thinker, with strong analytical/data interpretation skills and ideally a degree in a numerate, business or marketing field.
- Experience of driving Marketing Effectiveness and optimisation improvement and implementing a best practice approach to campaign value maximisation in an already established marketing analytics function gained in a large and complex organisation
- Experience in an analytical role with experience of segmentation and modelling as well as a natural curiosity to proactively question and investigate data
- Knowledge of mining and analysing large data sets using strong technical skills. Knowledge of SAS, SQL or other database interrogation language is essential, as is advanced knowledge of MS Excel. Experience of SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent modelling tool and knowledge of statistical modelling techniques such as logistic regression, cluster analysis etc. are also highly desirable.
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint with excellent knowledge in using tools such as SAS/ SQL / Hadoop to develop reports and analytics
- Strong end-to-end knowledge of data-driven/direct marketing, data-driven sales channels and how these drive value and ROI
- Robust understanding of marketing and sales planning processes and the application of Insight in driving expectations on campaign performance
- Understanding of the campaign targeting toolkit including data interrogation and manipulation skills, campaign management and analytics tools, predictive and descriptive modelling
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: CRM Effectiveness and Optimisation Analyst R9944309’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.