Solvency 2 Technical Author
Supporting the ongoing strong organisational relationships with PRA and adherence to Solvency 2 regulatory obligations through high quality technical and Board level capital model documentation and contribution to the development and peer review of internal capital model.
- Develop, evolve and maintain core technical capital model and cold weather model documentation, across all BGIL (British Gas Insurance Limited) risk types, in line with Solvency 2 principles and requirements as articulated by EIOPA/PRA
- Formalize, evolve and lead the implementation of robust technical documentation standards, including the development of a BGIL house style guide, in respect of ORSA, SAST, RST, SFCR, BGIL policies and other associated capital model documentation (e.g. SCR/MCR processes, P&L attribution etc…)
- Develop and implement a structured approach to reviewing, distilling, cascading and implementing regulatory guidance
- Participate in BGIL’s relevant Risk Committees providing constructive challenge and peer review across all aspects of capital modelling, including promoting the model’s use in a manner consistent with Solvency 2 guidelines.
- Conduct appropriate/proportionate environmental scanning, for example, in respect of emerging insurance risks, documenting and distilling findings as inputs to risk and analytical processes as appropriate
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities, including a positive focus on Centrica’s number 1 priority, Health & Safety.
- Essential skill-set in report writing & documentation structures
- Excellently versed in strategies to keep up to date on Financial Services regulatory guidance and Solvency 2 requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in particular, able to understand and communicate complex technical issues clearly
- Demonstrable achievement within an actuarial/capital modelling environment, with a track record of documentation expertise.
- Excellent grasp of the techniques and principles of capital modelling – experience of relevant Solvency 2 documentation experience
- Excellent knowledge of documentation standards and storage solutions (e.g. SharePoint)
- Strong understanding of principles of General Insurance with preference for consumer lines knowledge.
- Fully qualified actuary, or
- Part-qualified actuary coupled with significant progress towards qualification and demonstrable proven track record in capital modelling documentation
Competitive salary and benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Solvency 2 Technical Author R9941354’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.