Senior Analyst - Price Optimisation & Modelling
We are looking for an exceptional senior analyst to help develop price optimisation and modelling capability in within the wider Pricing directorate. This individual will play a key role in the price optimisation Centre of Excellence and report directly to Senior Price Optimisation Manager.
- Support and occasionally lead the development of pricing strategies across Energy, Home Services and Insurance
- Provide analytical support and insight to develop personalised pricing capability leveraging a value and risk based price optimisation and modelling
- Take a lead role in the development of the customer life-time value framework as well as the underlying behaviour models.
- Analyse trading performance against financial targets, including producing & analysing the pricing dashboard, and develop recommendations. Identify gaps in existing pricing dashboard and develop improvements.
- Support the pricing teams with complex price changes and tests, tracking the impacts of those changes on core business metrics, and on competitor price positioning.
- Follow and embed Centrica’s model governance policy to ensure transparency and rigour is maintained at all times.
- Presentation of business case and pricing proposals to key Pricing stakeholders.
- Develop knowledge of market, competitors’ strategies & drives, and customers’ behaviour and needs, and play a proactive role in suggesting strategic improvements.
- Educated to Masters or honours degree level potentially with progress towards relevant professional qualification.
- Excellent academic record, academic qualification(s) in a quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of tools such as Emblem, Radar, SAS, R, SQL advantageous
- Relevant experience in insurance price optimisation
- Relevant work experience in personal lines insurance price optimisation and modelling techniques
- Strong quantitative skills supported by deep knowledge of pricing platforms like Radar, Earnix etc.
- Some experience of developing and mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Understanding of personal lines insurance markets as well as emerging trends
- Experienced in insurance markets with a passion for keeping our customers at the centre of all proposals.
- Experienced in building and application of behaviour models for pricing
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity, innovation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, preferably in the areas of insurance pricing and modelling
- Strong communication and presentation skills and experience of presenting complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- A proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Senior Analyst - Price Optimisation & Modelling R9944260’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.