Pricing Data Manager
Centrica plc is a FTSE 100 energy and services company with operations in UK, North America and Europe. Everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers. We will satisfy our customers, deliver cash flow growth and returns for our shareholders and be efficient and excellent in our operations.
We aim to be at the centre of our customers’ lives – helping them run their world by providing services that save time, effort, and money. Our vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and services for our chosen markets and maximise value for shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America), Hive.
In the UK, Centrica’s Consumer division operates in the segments of energy supply, services, peace of mind, home energy management and home automation with over 10 million customers, and more than 20,000 colleagues. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are committed to developing the best products and services to meet their needs.
We are looking for an exceptional data manager to develop the pricing and analytics data capabilities by:
- Leading the management, development and evolution of existing pricing/analytics data sources, facilitating the evolution of technical pricing & modelling through data enrichment activities
- Leading the strategic development of a Data Analytics Hub, leveraging the wider Centrica “data lake” strategy to specify, develop & deliver future pricing and analytics data capabilities
- Leading the research and development of additional relevant internal and external data sources
- Leveraging Centrica data assets to increase the profitability of the business and support a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- Lead the delivery, receipt and usage of existing data sources used by the end user pricing community in ongoing regular and project activity
- Lead the development and delivery of pricing data capabilities; to deliver a coherent and structured transactional view of technical data that will be used to drive pricing decisions and develop future technical pricing capabilities.
- Lead engagement with Centrica’s data lake strategy, leveraging lake capabilities to design, specify, build & deliver future fit-for-purpose pricing and analytics data capabilities for Home Insurance (plus a Data Analytics Hub for pricing and associated analytics).
- Ensure that data is fit for purpose by leading the transformation of existing data sources into formats that are appropriate for pricing analytics and modelling.
- Ensure processes are in place and effective to manage data quality, completeness and reconciliation processes in respect of technical pricing and associated data
- Continue the improvement & development of detailed, technical & regular data analysis and management information (including research into additional internal and external data sources) that supports enables progressive pricing & portfolio decision making
- Ensure that Pricing usage of data is compliant with GDPR to demonstrate that customer data is being used appropriately.
- Lead the development of data science techniques within Pricing and as applied to pricing evolution, with a focus on embracing opportunities to improve our agility as a team through Big Data tools and technologies.
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities
- Understand the health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements that are relevant to the work and ensure the team complies with these. Help the team to understand and actively promote issues regarding health, safety & the environment.
- Lead the induction and training of data analyst in the team and help share knowledge on technical and process issues.
You will possess drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills and have a proven eye for detail with focus on data reconciliation, controls and governance. You will have several years of experience of developing/implementing and leading commercial data enrichment activities alongside:
- Strong technical skills supported by deep knowledge of data platforms and tools
- Experienced in the commercial application of emerging data assets in personal lines insurance markets and other retail consumer products
- Inquisitive and experienced in data strategies with a passion for keeping our customers at the centre of all initiative.
You will also be educated to honours degree level in a quantitative discipline, potentially with progress towards relevant professional qualification. Knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL would be advantageous. You will be managing 3-5 Direct Reports therefore people management experience would be highly desirable.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Pricing Data Manager R9946205’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.