SharePoint Owner and Document Controller
Part of the new Centrica Business Solutions, Distributed Energy UK&I is one of Centrica’s new growth businesses. With ambitions to drive the future of energy we are combining new insights, new technologies and new ways of working to put the control in the hands of our clients. Building distributed energy projects for large businesses in the UK & Ireland we are delivering intelligent, end-to-end energy solutions that power performance, resilience and growth for our client’s businesses. Offering tailored long-term solutions, we’re helping more and more clients to gain competitive advantage from energy.
We are looking for an individual to drive collaborative working through the use of SharePoint and promote its use across office locations, with our internal and external stakeholders. The role is to cover a 1 year maternity vacancy and the individual will primarily be focused on delivering the 2018 system roadmap and ensure controls and processes are adhered to.
Location: Windsor or Salford based
Salary: £28-£34,000 + benefits.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the 2018 SharePoint road map as well as the creation/development of the improvements road map for 2019. You will be required to support and engage with internal and external SharePoint stakeholders to provide a great user experience and act as a point of contact for all SharePoint strategist related topics. The duties will include but not be limited to:
- Setting of new users, permission changes, sub-site and app creation and other general site support duties
- Supporting the preparation of the training material for SharePoint (beginner and advanced level)
- Creating a common knowledge base capturing user feedback and creating a continuous improvement loop back into the development of new SharePoint features
- Working with the business to shape the SharePoint platform in line with its needs
- Creation, alignment and approval of task level activities where applicable
- Ensure SharePoint and Microsoft 365 App changes are effectively communicated and are kept up to date in line with other the wider business
- Responsible for the administration of SharePoint at a business level and be the interface back up to the Site Collector
- Undertaking regular audits of SharePoint to ensure users are adhering to process and best practices
- Working with the project teams to evolve the use of SharePoint for effective document and file management
To be successful in this role you will have strong administration abilities, great attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work. You will need to be highly organised and be able to clearly communicate with stakeholders of all levels both internally and externally. The following are also required:
- Intermediate/advanced SharePoint management skills
- Capability to balance changing priorities and has a flexible approach to workloads
- Ability to summarise and explain information clearly
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Motivated and focused
- Initiative to independently manage assigned workloads
- Experience in Document Control
- Experience with other Microsoft 365 Apps
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: SharePoint Owner and Document Controller R9945833’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com